Idle issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are supposed to be a air "cooler" for the exhaust gas
And they really just don't do anything.
Yeah.. So with a flash light now, I can see the gasket is gone. I can fit a screw driver head between the head and block...
View attachment 74796
View attachment 74797
So not sure where I sit with this... Is this just a new gasket? Or is it a remove head and see what's going on first?
Take the head off and inspect, replace the gasket, and torque the head to spec

HaHaaa I just noticed that. Why the fek 2?
Ha.. I was wanting to push the exhaust back a little more for better fitment... If there was a wider Xport I would use that instead. AND, in case you didnt know, the Xport is good for 50% more horse power :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I will pop the head off and take a look... I guess I have to order more stuff from DDM... each order to Canada is $23 in shipping... I need to find a local source for gaskets if possible...

Ha.. I was wanting to push the exhaust back a little more for better fitment... If there was a wider Xport I would use that instead. AND, in case you didnt know, the Xport is good for 50% more horse power :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I will pop the head off and take a look... I guess I have to order more stuff from DDM... each order to Canada is $23 in shipping... I need to find a local source for gaskets if possible...
Gasket sheet

Copper gasket, set your squish for .020" ish my esp is down at .015" it will be OK. Didn't feel like ordering another gasket for it. Bonus is the copper gasket can be reused. I use a very light coat of loctite 518 on both sides.
I hear everyone talking about this squish... I took auto in HS for 3 years, so I know engines (as much as someone can learn in high school)... but I am not familiar with squish

Thanks guys... Work is slow today, so I have spent too much time on DDM website....
I am getting ahead of myself wondering do I get a new top end and go 29cc with a bore up kit.... but if I shell out for that, should I just get a g290 long block?
and then I calm down and say, just get the cylinder gasket... but should I get a new ring, or piston and ring to be safe? as I said before shipping is a killer to Canada... so make the shipment be worth it... so if I get a new piston and ring, why not get the top end kit, or the long block....
But I cant spend that much money... so just the gasket... and maybe something else....

lol ... its killing me!
Cant wait for work to end and I can pop the cylinder off

On a side note, what does everyone use for torque wrench? go by feel, or did you guys get torque wrenches?

Sean would know better than me but I would suggest an 1107 and easy to tune

1107 is too much carb for a 26c.
668 should do the trick nicely.
Thanks guys... Work is slow today, so I have spent too much time on DDM website....
I am getting ahead of myself wondering do I get a new top end and go 29cc with a bore up kit.... but if I shell out for that, should I just get a g290 long block?
and then I calm down and say, just get the cylinder gasket... but should I get a new ring, or piston and ring to be safe? as I said before shipping is a killer to Canada... so make the shipment be worth it... so if I get a new piston and ring, why not get the top end kit, or the long block....
But I cant spend that much money... so just the gasket... and maybe something else....

lol ... its killing me!
Cant wait for work to end and I can pop the cylinder off

On a side note, what does everyone use for torque wrench? go by feel, or did you guys get torque wrenches?

I use a 1/4 inch drive torque wrench in inch pounds.
Torque is 60 inch pounds but OBR recommend 80.

Last edited:
So I took a good look now. The bolt by the clutch side had the head sheared off... in the above pics with the screw driver you can see the bolt head missing.
IMG_20210614_170826.jpg
IMG_20210614_170844.jpg
IMG_20210614_171214.jpg
IMG_20210614_171236.jpg

I am thinking I take the motor out now and clean the case out as well. I see bits of gasket in there.
What do the experts think?
New gasket, new ring?
I need new bolts too...

Dammnn... and by the looks of the top of the piston being so clean you had detonation with all those divets in the piston and were very lean. Seeing how that piston looks that top end is trashed

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks