Impossible to get rid of interferences in my Baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the R In cmr7h means a resistor is in it
Yep
Yeah I do, Im a pro with a weird even harder issue, thats why I look for more pros to weight in ?
Now really. I have been dealing with electrical stuff, rcs and all sorts of engines, since I was 6, Im 26 now, come from a family of mechanics ?
What makes me a lil bit annoyed is that our rc cars generally are very rudimentary, a chainsaw engine with servos and a radio receiver, like what could go wrong? Right????
Its weedwacker engines, and yes they are about as basic as an engine can come. But that's also why we get hung up on them. You more or less only have a few more components you haven't swapped out.

Is it me or did I not get heard here. If you have stray voltage cutting off your radio system then why not check to see if you have voltage on your chassis? With a multimeter

In the words of @dougstar Oi????? or something of that nature :ROFLMAO:
Not sure if this would make a difference but no one mentioned a loose head/gasket or loose engine mounting hardware. You mentioned that it acts up when running out of fuel. Could the lean running cause more vibration which is causing interference from spark plugs? That would explain how failsafe could come on. My 2 cents worth.

Is it me or did I not get heard here. If you have stray voltage cutting off your radio system then why not check to see if you have voltage on your chassis? With a multimeter
Yes I think I mentioned it before or in the first post, I checked any continuity from the rx and the rest of the chassis / engine ;(
Not sure if this would make a difference but no one mentioned a loose head/gasket or loose engine mounting hardware. You mentioned that it acts up when running out of fuel. Could the lean running cause more vibration which is causing interference from spark plugs? That would explain how failsafe could come on. My 2 cents worth.
Already had an issue with a bad bearing seal and it just leans and revs up the engine, keep in mind that even if it was this; it wouldnt solve the issue with the interferences, the car should not failsafe no matter how much you lean or richen the engine :(
After work Ill switch the servo with the damaged signal wire to discard and keep informing / testing.

Last edited:
u could live near sumin giving off crazy freq's and thats ur cause of interference ....possibly?
...if so there's fek all u can do ☹apart from run find sumwere new to run...have tried taking it away from were u normally run to see if it still happens?
I have flown drones, helis, airplanes, driven boats and more than 6 different rc cars in the exact same location for 15 years.
Like I said in first post, this issue has arised after 1,5 years using this rig, never before.

My money is on the battery pack.. I tried re-reading the whole post and could not see where you mentioned swapping the battery. This with the leaned out scenario (before getting killed) causing extra vibration... if there is an already weak cell, then the vibration could cause a voltage issue on the battery which would then cause the killswitch to detect low voltage and then kill the engine.

I once ran in a high interference area, and it kills the car every couple minutes, not just at the end of the tank... so probably not that.

Replaced the servo 2 hours ago, ran 3 tanks. Got failsafe lock of death in 2 out of the 3, at the exact same moment when the engine revs up starving and dies.

My money is on the battery pack.. I tried re-reading the whole post and could not see where you mentioned swapping the battery. This with the leaned out scenario (before getting killed) causing extra vibration... if there is an already weak cell, then the vibration could cause a voltage issue on the battery which would then cause the killswitch to detect low voltage and then kill the engine.

I once ran in a high interference area, and it kills the car every couple minutes, not just at the end of the tank... so probably not that.
That bit about the voltage sag because of the faulty battery makes sense actually, since it wouldnt really fully disconnect the power... But then it doesn't explain why the car gets stuck into failsafe mode until I power cycle it... Have had another rig with a poopy super old nimh battery that suffered from a big voltage sag, and the car wouldnt lock itself into fs, the kill switch would just kill the engine but I didnt lose control once.
Mmm, Ill order a new battery and Ill check the wiring.
Ill also use an ajustable power supply I have to decrease the voltage from the 6V to 3V and see if I can recreate the issue in static.

Well static tests don’t look very insightful, the rx never enters in failsafe even at 2 or 1 volts, it keeps transmitting signal as I can see the Rssi level in my radio and it is ok, the servos work progressively slower and thats it, ramp up the voltage and everything works fine.
So I cant induce the erratic behaviour just by lowering the voltage which makes me doubt a voltage sag can cause a failsafe lock... :(
BA25FC97-B34E-46F7-90F9-927D4162803F.jpegE7C4513F-1365-4A37-8D72-B7C222B41502.jpeg

I'm getting annoyed just following along. Get brand new servo's and if that's not the problem sell the freakin thing as a roller. Done. This crap is for the birds dude. IDK how you haven't set it on fire yet.:mad:
If you are annoyed imagine how I am...
I decided a month ago that I wasnt going to fall into the fallacy of the sunk cost with this car. I haven't spent more money (the battery I just bought will be used in another car if this fuc*er doesn’t want to cooperate.) and time since then, but then I found this forum, and started the troubleshooting again...
Big mistake. I might keep tweaking and touching some stuff if I really have nothing to do but I have already spent too much time on this, just testing, and replacing and swapping parts.
The worst is that; 1st it is a total mistery, and 2nd; you are unable to enjoy the car because the feeling that it is going to randomly lose control just makes you feel anxious.
And this hobby is about having fun.

btw, yes, both servos I replaced last week and this evening are completely brand new.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks