Impossible to get rid of interferences in my Baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you mentioned but are you using the same transmitter with all of the recievers? I know for a failsafe it usually starts on the transmitter side because if you had an issue with the car or loss of battery failsafe wouldn't kick in
Exactly. I tried with 3 systems (radios and rx) futaba, flysky and radiolink, all yielding exact same issue.

Your second servo is the place to start, intermittent power issues, should just kill it and have nothing till you reset the system. The low idle speed is interesting as well, it shouldn't matter what the engine speed is, as far as interference.

Your second servo is the place to start, intermittent power issues, should just kill it and have nothing till you reset the system. The low idle speed is interesting as well, it shouldn't matter what the engine speed is, as far as interference.
Different frequencies for the emi noise as the rpms changes, so some frequencies might affect the rx signal more than others. That was my theory.
Ill keep you guys updated to see if we resolve this mistery. Ill replace servo with the damaged wire and test. One thing at a time.

Thanks for the help so far to everyone.

Hey OP, do you know how to set the coil correctly against the magnet? Just asking.
Yeah I do, Im a pro with a weird even harder issue, thats why I look for more pros to weight in ?
Now really. I have been dealing with electrical stuff, rcs and all sorts of engines, since I was 6, Im 26 now, come from a family of mechanics ?
What makes me a lil bit annoyed is that our rc cars generally are very rudimentary, a chainsaw engine with servos and a radio receiver, like what could go wrong? Right????

Yeah I do, Im a pro with a weird even harder issue, thats why I look for more pros to weight in ?
Now really. I have been dealing with electrical stuff, rcs and all sorts of engines, since I was 6, Im 26 now, come from a family of mechanics ?
What makes me a lil bit annoyed is that our rc cars generally are very rudimentary, a chainsaw engine with servos and a radio receiver, like what could go wrong? Right????
Intermittent problems are always the hardest ! I used to troubleshoot electronics to the component level NOT fun when it only happens once in a while BUT yours seems to be repeatable and thats an advantage .

BLack box troubleshoot it.
1 thing at a time until EVERYTHING has been changed , this is a technique we used to find VERY had to find issues and it is a last resort.

I still question the suspected bad switch,battery power loss. Because a reciever that gets shut off will not go into a fail safe measure. The reciever holds that bit of safety and if you cut power to it then there's no failsafe to activate. If I was you I'd take a multi meter and put the positive lead on the head and put the negative somehow inline with the battery negative and see if your getting a stray voltage across anything metal on the car. In theory if you do that means something is touching and id do this with and without the engine running. Im not too familiar with the ignition but it may be in ac or dc so you may need to switch the multimeter

It's always the stupidest issue when ya find it. I know the pain, had a dual interference issue once that almost pushed me outta the hobby. Was running NGK iridiums which seems like a giant NO NO. Also I had a metal cased Hit-Tech servo, I think the 7980TH. Well that case was touching my alloy servo plate causing an issue at the same time as the plug.

I still question the suspected bad switch,battery power loss. Because a reciever that gets shut off will not go into a fail safe measure. The reciever holds that bit of safety and if you cut power to it then there's no failsafe to activate. If I was you I'd take a multi meter and put the positive lead on the head and put the negative somehow inline with the battery negative and see if your getting a stray voltage across anything metal on the car. In theory if you do that means something is touching and id do this with and without the engine running. Im not too familiar with the ignition but it may be in ac or dc so you may need to switch the multimeter
Thats the point, the car locks itself into failsafe until I power cycle it when the issue kicks in. When you lose power to your rx, it just doesn't respond, and gets back working when power is restored.
Failsafe state can only kick in when the Rx being alive loses its connection with the radio or the data in the connection gets too corrupted or there is too much data lost.

Change the TIRES , sorry man !
Thats the point, the car locks itself into failsafe until I power cycle it when the issue kicks in. When you lose power to your rx, it just doesn't respond, and gets back working when power is restored.
Failsafe state can only kick in when the Rx being alive loses its connection with the radio or the data in the connection gets too corrupted or there is too much data lost.
try it in another location or have you done that ??

IF it is local interference that explains the problem

Fekkin 5G

My neighbor is a computer guy and he said what happens with transmitter and rx is theres a unique token being passed back and forth between the 2 and when the token doesn't get passed back in X Amount of time then it goes into failsafe

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks