Interested in dbxl engine mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
so a buddy of mine owns a hobby shop and were trying to see how much power we can get out of the stock 23cc engine on the dbxl....no swapping engines we want to work with what it has. Do they offer big bore kits? What's the best power pipe for it. Gearing? Clutch? Not looking for a speed monster but fast off the line and a "snappy" setup in a "track" setting

Last edited:
He is electric oriented. He's pulling more 1/5 scales into the shop and this is the start to learning .. you gotta crawl before you walk and to be honest my area leans HARD on electric and 99% of shops cater to those people. Hes trying to stand out and have what others don't and he's the guy I bought my 5ive t 2.0 from

Alright I see how this is going with you. If you read the entire post you would see that A i asked about a big bore kit. And B other supporting mods to help it moving off a dead stop. Its about bolt ons rather than swapping an engine

A dbxl is just too heavy to get that wow factor with such a small engine. If your not into porting, and really don't want to go for an aftermarket engine, the 30cc topwnd kit will be your best bang for buck. A g320 zenoah will kick its arse. Any pipe will greatly help its output over factory. With the 23 cc engine they are geared as best they can from the factory. I am pushing a 20 tooth pinion with a ported g320. That's one more tooth then factory. I could go for a 22, but in the space I have to run, its geared about right. Welcome to the dbxl club...
And if I had a do over on the pipe I would get. Bartolone, or olimat

Thank you @Seandonato73 thats what I like to hear. And I also said modding the 23cc is limited and suggested the g320rc swap. does the g320rc bolt in? Modifications to fit? And i think he wants to utilize what it came with rather than swapping. Does the 30cc bolt on with no mods?

If it was my truck I'd be more specific. But I guess its weighing the options of the most out of the 23cc to swapping the g320rc...and to be honest I hate being the middle man and I made my point clear that swapping the g320rc is the best option since there's no replacement for displacement

I've got both a 30.5 esp in my dbxl and a g320 in my tlr 5b...had em both out today. Still feel like my 30 5 has more torque...but gearing weight and power all factor in.
Hmm whats the specs on the esp...is it just a normal top end or does it have a port job standard piston?

A vrc, bartolone or oilmat pipe, 990 or 1107 carb, air intake w/ velocity stack, upgrade the fuel lines and tank fittings. Diff oil weights will help a lot also. after That you can start playing with upping the pinion gear. at The end of the day if you wind up buying all this stuff you will be the type of person that will buy a new motor because it’s never enough power
Also the dbxl will need an aluminum diff housing because they are prone to melting

A vrc, bartolone or oilmat pipe, 990 or 1107 carb, air intake w/ velocity stack, upgrade the fuel lines and tank fittings. Diff oil weights will help a lot also. after That you can start playing with upping the pinion gear. at The end of the day if you wind up buying all this stuff you will be the type of person that will buy a new motor because it’s never enough power
Im that person hes fine with what it comes with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks