Interested in dbxl engine mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can go to a 30.5 with the 29cc, be your next best bet to a g320. Just need half of the engine replaced that you just bought lol, and a bit of a mod to the case for rod clearance. Or you can just get a ported head for the 29cc. The 30.5 is the more popular choice. You still will run about like a g320 stock imo.
Yes flm shafts for the win, and yes you will need to replace pins often.
1) the pins… Are you saying, even with the FLM’s i will continue to have pin issues?

2) i used to nitro race; those engines cost $$$.$$ in comparison to 1/5th scale engines.
would you chose a 34 over a 32?

I understand no “replacement for displacement”, however usable power is much better than unmanageable power. The G29 (stock) still has no balls… costly mistake on my end. It happens. I will just set this engine aside aside and use it in my weed wacker when that engine dies. Hahah.

Yes it's the 4mm pin size, and you race and I'm going to assume your not booted, so yes you will continue to have issues. Flm is better then stock.
I have both 32 and 34 esp top ends and can't tell you which one runs better then the other. I could easily gear up either engine and not have an issue. A g320 stock is a pretty good performer and has lots of up grade options. Heck just an esp head kit makes a good difference.

Alright I see how this is going with you. If you read the entire post you would see that A i asked about a big bore kit. And B other supporting mods to help it moving off a dead stop. Its about bolt ons rather than swapping an engine
so i have a cy 230 and put a ddm big bore 29cc 34 mm skirt i believe and it made a crack head crazy big difference and that’s with only being a 2 bolt engine block not 4 bolt still going hard
and i put wt167. carb and k and n oil air filter and v stack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks