Just got my Baja 5b, how can i make this thing quieter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the states, so laws will vary.
But the cops are worthless lazy minimum effort fellas.

I had the same problem, cops are worthless, even tried to scold me for wearing a big chrome 50 cal deagle on my belt while in my backyard. :sneaky:

That's a topic that gets me fired up so i layed into the cop real hard, then finished with my carry permit.

(I don't need it where i live, but i have it)

I also have security cameras all around my house, so my actions and the neighbors are all recorded while there movement is movement on my side of the fence.

For the trees, you might have legal ground, but you will need to talk to an attorney that specializes in that sort of thing.

One issue, depending on the neighbor you might start something new with him...

Me, I'm looking at this fk tard abusing "redflag" crap should it become a thing here.

My attorney wrote a book about gun laws in my state, and i have him on speed dial. lol

Now i have another that specializes in neighbor issues...

And I'm not sure if a better person or a weaker person would have called it and moved years ago.
But I'm stubborn, and ready to spend every cent i have to punish/train this fk to stop messing with people.

I have been tempted to leave a review at his place of work calling him out by name.
Then have a few friends help me out...
:ROFLMAO:

I also have a little card I'm holding, my problem neighbor has a shed that violates building code (waay to close to the property line).
I could have the city cite him and force him to remove/move it.
The cops around here are decent for the most part, but sadly he can face his benches whatever way he wants on his property.
The trees have been delt with via the lawyers. He was sent a certified letter from my lawyer, home insurance, and the township, stating the trees are his baby, and will be sued for any damages should they come down on my property. I even offered to have a tree guy come out and trim them up, or take them down on my dime. But he insists they are healthy and happy trees. (With English and poison ivy full circle around the trunk and I to the canopy.... right) my good card is I'm "young" and hes 80 something. His time is coming. I can get him on a lot of ordnance violations, but the code enforcement officer is a pussy, so that option is out. One day we may move, but i quite assure you it wont be from Richard being an arse hat.

Ugg,
Here I'm protected should i decide to trim branches that hang over onto my side of the property.
Extra protected should you have something that says you tried to work it out with him.
Judge will look at that and scold the neighbor for being a d bag around here.

And i want to clarify my comment about the cops, i wrote that when rolling out of bed with a headache (had one too many beers and not enough water last night).

Cops here are good guys, however you can't rely on the cops actually knowing the law.
In my case i engaged them because i had full recording of the neighbor and some of his family hosing me down, and then continuing to harass and bully me.
Can't see the big chrome thing on my hip due to the mowers pickup tube on the right side (lawn tractor).
But the moment i stand up, bam "sparkles"!

To the cops credit, and the whole covid thing. He put in some effort.
I did have video all ready for him, but he didn't want to take anything from me (had it on a tablet ready to rock, or a flash drive per his option).

did he want to see it?
nope!

Did he listen to the fk tard complain that i strapped on a pew right after he hosed me down?
Yup!
And got all raised voice at me..
Had he looked at the video he would have known, but he still got me fired up about it.
Anything but maximum effort from the officer there...

I also noted to the officer, that had he watched the video he would have saw that i went inside after the neighbor hosed me down, took off the pew.
and then went over in an attempt to reason with the neighbor
I also had the whole conversation recorded, and ready for the officer to fact check should he want.

And i did scold the officer for wasting my time and blood pressure, i spent a few hours extracting video, and time stamping everything for him... lol

I have learned that i need to research laws out for the cops, and then "suggest" what codes or laws were broken in order to get any action.
For my issue, i really need to show a history in order to go after him.
And then it's really going to just piss him off.

I'm also looking at about 2k in trees to do what i want.
I just want to block him from seeing what I'm doing in my yard, it will drive the narcissist nuts if he can't make eye contact in an attempt to control me.

Last edited:
Ugg,
Here I'm protected should i decide to trim branches that hang over onto my side of the property.
Extra protected should you have something that says you tried to work it out with him.
Judge will look at that and scold the neighbor for being a d bag around here.

And i want to clarify my comment about the cops, i wrote that when rolling out of bed with a headache (had one too many beers and not enough water last night).

Cops here are good guys, however you can't rely on the cops actually knowing the law.
In my case i engaged them because i had full recording of the neighbor and some of his family hosing me down, and then continuing to harass and bully me.
Can't see the big chrome thing on my hip due to the mowers pickup tube on the right side (lawn tractor).
But the moment i stand up, bam "sparkles"!

To the cops credit, and the whole covid thing. He put in some effort.
I did have video all ready for him, but he didn't want to take anything from me (had it on a tablet ready to rock, or a flash drive per his option).

did he want to see it?
nope!

Did he listen to the fk tard complain that i strapped on a pew right after he hosed me down?
Yup!
And got all raised voice at me..
Had he looked at the video he would have known, but he still got me fired up about it.
Anything but maximum effort from the officer there...

I also noted to the officer, that had he watched the video he would have saw that i went inside after the neighbor hosed me down, took off the pew.
and then went over in an attempt to reason with the neighbor
I also had the whole conversation recorded, and ready for the officer to fact check should he want.

And i did scold the officer for wasting my time and blood pressure, i spent a few hours extracting video, and time stamping everything for him... lol

I have learned that i need to research laws out for the cops, and then "suggest" what codes or laws were broken in order to get any action.
For my issue, i really need to show a history in order to go after him.
And then it's really going to just piss him off.

I'm also looking at about 2k in trees to do what i want.
I just want to block him from seeing what I'm doing in my yard, it will drive the narcissist nuts if he can't make eye contact in an attempt to control me.
Get him mate!

Well, been wearing out another set of tires on this thing.
Noticed my ears ringing just a little... lol

I ordered the old hpi rear exhaust style exhaust, not the can/weed eater style, but it looks easier to make the elbow work...

Got the stink eye from a neighbor in my cul-de-sac.
It's either the rc, or the fact that my wife one upped her new suv with a fancy suv.

They all look the same to me... :)

another romp done, brand new rear tires are nearly shot already.
Looking for a new set of rears, i noticed Amazon prime, says return eligible for the next 30 days...
but am i that sort of person?

Nah, they did well for how mean I have been to these thing. :poop:

another romp done, brand new rear tires are nearly shot already.
Looking for a new set of rears, i noticed Amazon prime, says return eligible for the next 30 days...
but am i that sort of person?

Nah, they did well for how mean I have been to these thing. :poop:
Lol if your running on road there's pretty much no good on road tires anymore. Hostiles are gone ,brp are great but expensive and rcmax will be having some soon but idk how good they will be.

Well it's super bowl Sunday, I'm on call and the wife ditched me for her sisters super bowl party...

I foumd some 1/2 in hose left over from my redo of my blasting cabinet.
I figured what the heck!

Attatched it to the end of the exhaust, and piped it down through the rear bumper and zip tied it in place.

Worked great, not much power loss noticed, but there was some.

Few passes and the hose got hot, then started melting
Then the power got sucked out of it.
But it got real quiet at the end! ?

Proof of concept, I'll work it out with the new exhaust when it comes...

looking over the baja, i noticed i broke my first part today!

on the right side of the car, there is a part that links the rear diff housing to the engine cover.
broke the bolt off in the engine cover. :ROFLMAO:

Any upgrade parts for that?
seems like a weak joint...

Yeah, I'll snap a picture tomorrow.
I managed to get the broken bolt extracted, tomorrow I'll try and get to the hardware store for a new one.

Looking over it, i have to wonder if i cracked the diff case or something in order to snap the bolt off like that...
I also noticed the control arm brace right under that is now floppy, it was solid before.

I believe it broke when i slid the back end into a curb.
I did hear a pop sound.

I probably need to take everything apart...
?

Well i got my new exhaust, hpi tuned pipe clone.
Maybe it's just because it's fkn cold and wet outside, but i think i lost a bunch of midrange with it.
I did have to lean the tune out a bit in order to get some resemblance of a top end.

Does the HPI tuned pipe setup just suck balls?
or maybe my air filter is just getting wet (snowing right now)?
lol

with that thing alone, it's a bit quieter than the rovan "wang" looking exhaust pipe...
I also did some cleanup in the header flange and the linkage in the middle to ensure it flowed smoothly as possible.

I also made a little extension, found that the pipe seems to be a perfect fit for 1/2in copper (L).
using 3 elbows and some header wrap, i thought it turned out pretty good.
Then i drove it.
Then i had to fight the fkn thing off of the exhaust since it fit so freaking good. :ROFLMAO:

It worked great, but the sudden loss of power made me go :eek:

Other idea i have, maybe there is some serious flaws with the construction of that thing, and i need to break out my inspection camera...

Last edited:
So, i did some more cleanup of that exhaust.

And it's pretty clear now that it just sucks the midrange right out.
I added two of those little heatsink spacers for why not, and it did help with the top end quite a bit...

So yesterday I started mixing in a little pure nitro into the fuel and adding some fuel/richening it to compensate.

Result was more top end, and maybe a little more midrange, however it's clear to me that the clutch is slipping now.
?

So I'm hopeful.
The new exhaust is still very loud, but nowhere as bad as the stock "wang" looking rovan exhaust.

I have a new clutch on order, but i probably just need to take it apart and clean it up.

Engine in my truck ate a cam bearing, so i decided to upgrade/build a bigger and better engine...

So my workbench has been taken over for now.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks