Just Got One

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one on the radio ain't gunna do jack if you run out of battery or if your throttle servo sticks, or whatever. A remote KS will and you shouldn't even think about running without one. Super dangerous
I’m new at this gas kill switch,,I don’t quite understand…doesn’t the remote kill on the rx switch run off the rx. If the rx loses battery power ,,then how will it activate the kill switch ,,,maybe I’m missing something?

I’m new at this gas kill switch,,I don’t quite understand…doesn’t the remote kill on the rx switch run off the rx. If the rx loses battery power ,,then how will it activate the kill switch ,,,maybe I’m missing something?
the way i understand it mate is the kill switch is a micro relay thats closed with no power to it,
so no power equals closed circuit and dumps the coil to ground,
when power is applied from battery through the rx the switch is open and engine will run,
battery becomes disconnected and switch auto closes killing the engine (y) ,

Honestly. It's a crime that manufactures don't incorporate it into the receiver itself at this point. A kill switch can be built into a micro chip and programmed for very little to no additional costs to the manufacturers themselves.
Hopefully HPI gets the memo with this one, RC manufacturers are playing with fire with this one, all it takes is a runaway video and one politician to see it.

Yeah,,I agree,,,thats what makes this venue difficult at times,,,it’s a cash cow. You wreck you pay…and with prices ever increasing makes it even more uncomfortable ….🇺🇸👈🚘. TAZZZZ

Honestly. It's a crime that manufactures don't incorporate it into the receiver itself at this point. A kill switch can be built into a micro chip and programmed for very little to no additional costs to the manufacturers themselves.
Hopefully HPI gets the memo with this one, RC manufacturers are playing with fire with this one, all it takes is a runaway video and one politician to see it.
i don't think its that simple

My view on this,,,as the advancment of technology today,,,along with the low cost especially with the programmed boards that we use it should be inclusive,,,,microwave ovens a few years back we’re over 1,000.00 dollars,,,now they practically give them away ,they pump out boards like crazy,,most are priced reasonable even on the high end…no reason the companies in our area can’t be included,,,,,tx/ rx are dirt cheap,,,used to pay big money years ago…now there included in rtr purchases,,,it’s all about the money….

Let's put this simply, the manufacturer is responsible for supplying what they state is in the box so if its not stated on the box then it doesn't come with one. Since killswitch's are aftermarket the consumer has the option to add it to the rig but since it's not mentioned in the vehicle manufacturer's literature about the vehicle it is then assumed that it is not required to operate the vehicle and the responsibility of operating it in a safe manner falls upon the end user which is the person buying it. It's a liability contract without people really understanding what their reading, it is assumed that you have read the instruction manual to understand how to operate the vehicle under power.

I’ve been this hobby for twenty years,,,I have electrics,,mostly nitro,,,I aware of the basics plus…..this is my first ever gas buggy,,I just want to be sure as to what I’m doing before I run it,,I’m not one to open the box and start running right away,,I educate myself first..then let it go…..that’s just the way I do things and it’s paid off time after time….🇺🇸👈🚘. TAZZZZ…

have a good night everyone,,and have a better day tomorrow,,talk to you soon. 🇺🇸👈🚘. TAZZZZ
You’re right,,I didn’t join this forum to be aggravaTed..I came to enjoy your forums.. Thankyou 🇺🇸🚘👈

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks