kam 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I don't know if this will help but I did find thi while I was looking around don't know if these parts will work or not le t me know what you guy's think http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lshop,showrub,2427,e,1205741057-2427,kami.4wdkit,,,,.htm

Most of those parts look like they will work. Only thing is they are specific to the original belt kit. Some of them like dog bones, axles, and bulk head, bearing carriers are probably the same between belt and chain kit. Kamitiro could answer that if they responded to emails!

Good luck on that! I've emailed Kamitiro in the past about their cars. In my experience they've mostly not responded but once in a while I received a response and it's been a half answer or totally unrelated to the question. I think your probably SOL if something breaks. I still bought a kit, figured I would give it a try anyway. I'm not planning to bash a 4x4 so I think it will hold up OK. Hopefully someone will start to stock the parts or at least be able to special order the parts.

Got some chain on the way. They were 100% happy to help me. Maybe you weren't nice enough to them :clown:

Got some chain on the way. They were 100% happy to help me. Maybe you weren't nice enough to them :clown:

Maybe.....More likely they are doing damage control to push their product. Did you use the contact link on the Kamitiro website? I've sent them several emails of the past couple months. My local Hobbytown USA tried to contact them as well. All emails were ignored except for the first one I sent them.

Please do keep us all posted on your progress. I hope to have enough spare time this weekend to install my kit.

i used the INFO@Kamitiro, got a reply the next morning. I don't know if i will actually get anything, but who knows.

I'm running all mine this weekend (unless i don't get my chain). That new Baja SS has been calling me in my sleep.

Remember you can always add a link to it on LSF, I know it sound weird but this is not a (*&ty site that censors. Careful and check the caps lock your yelling at all of us:blush:. Saw the FG model but it only comes in the comp models which are big bucks and not seeing any after market for the tons already sold to upgrade.:( Also the FG is coming out with belt drive which was 1st thought of by KMTRO and they switched to chain soon there after. The FG's look awesome though!:cool2:
+++WOW, that's some cash: https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19789&postcount=4

Last edited:
I don't think the FG is the ultimate 4x4. I think the suspension and chassis design is to old school. Their pretty good but I don't think they hold a candle to the Baja. The Baja is built like an oversized 1/10th scale. I think for a truly good 4x4 it's going to have to come from a totally new, dedicated vehicle from a large manufacturer like HPI. Their just getting their feet wet with the gasoline market. This of course all depends on sales and for sale you need a good product and the economy needs to hold out. In my area the economy is decent but people still don't have the cash to throw down on a $900 car. They don't look at the big picture of long term ownership. I know I spent way more on nitro than I do on gasoline. Just my 2 cents worth.

this makes me want to sell all my FG's and get clones may be cheaper:dots: I have three and now scott at large scale is saying they are running low on parts:( the 4x4 kit has me on edge not many people around Wisconsin has them or 1/5 scale I hate nitro since I became a gasser what do I do now???????

Last edited:
I don't think the FG is the ultimate 4x4. I think the suspension and chassis design is to old school. Their pretty good but I don't think they hold a candle to the Baja. The Baja is built like an oversized 1/10th scale. I think for a truly good 4x4 it's going to have to come from a totally new, dedicated vehicle from a large manufacturer like HPI. Their just getting their feet wet with the gasoline market. This of course all depends on sales and for sale you need a good product and the economy needs to hold out. In my area the economy is decent but people still don't have the cash to throw down on a $900 car. They don't look at the big picture of long term ownership. I know I spent way more on nitro than I do on gasoline. Just my 2 cents worth.

Ok, i have to answer to this also. How do you know FG isn't the ultimate 4x4, when was the last FG 4X4 you drove??? (Factory FG) THere isn't one, so how can u say that. The aftermarket, didn't work, but it doesn't reflect on FGs 4x4 unit coming out.
Also there is not an FG out there you can compare the the (HPI) Baja, the (HPI) Baja is on way over here, and FG is WAY WAY WAY over there! They are NOT anywhere near the same, i really get frustrated when i c stuff like this posted. Its like saying a Dodge Dikoder can carry the same load as a Chevy 550. Its NOT THE SAME!!!! NO COMPARISION!!! Sorry, got a little excited there.
The (HPI) Baja is the ultimate Sandrail, jumper. THe FG (be it MT, ST, or FGs baja) is a good realiable basher, but you are right the (HPI) baja is built like an oversized 1/10 scale, they did that on purpose.
I have owned everyone of them but the FG Baja, i have had 4 HPI bajas, I had 4 FGs, Now i have 2 FGs, 1 HPI baja, 1 MCD, 2 Bergonzonis and about 20 smaller rcs,and 3 largescale gas powered boats. So i have done much research as you can see. Please, Please everyone and anyone, don't put the HPI Baja and any FG in the same catagory, its NOT.
I'm not looking for a fight dog, just wanted to point some stuff out to ya.
Thank you, and good night.

Ok, i have to answer to this also. How do you know FG isn't the ultimate 4x4, when was the last FG 4X4 you drove??? (Factory FG) THere isn't one, so how can u say that. The aftermarket, didn't work, but it doesn't reflect on FGs 4x4 unit coming out.
Also there is not an FG out there you can compare the the (HPI) Baja, the (HPI) Baja is on way over here, and FG is WAY WAY WAY over there! They are NOT anywhere near the same, i really get frustrated when i c stuff like this posted. Its like saying a Dodge Dikoder can carry the same load as a Chevy 550. Its NOT THE SAME!!!! NO COMPARISION!!! Sorry, got a little excited there.
The (HPI) Baja is the ultimate Sandrail, jumper. THe FG (be it MT, ST, or FGs baja) is a good realiable basher, but you are right the (HPI) baja is built like an oversized 1/10 scale, they did that on purpose.
I have owned everyone of them but the FG Baja, i have had 4 HPI bajas, I had 4 FGs, Now i have 2 FGs, 1 HPI baja, 1 MCD, 2 Bergonzonis and about 20 smaller rcs,and 3 largescale gas powered boats. So i have done much research as you can see. Please, Please everyone and anyone, don't put the HPI Baja and any FG in the same catagory, its NOT.
I'm not looking for a fight dog, just wanted to point some stuff out to ya.
Thank you, and good night.

Not looking for a fight at all either. That's the cool thing about the forum, were all entitled to our opinions.

I also own 2 FG at the moment, an MCD, 3 Baja, looking at buying 2 - 3 more FG and have owned MANY small scale cars. I agree with you on some points. However not that we are not comparing them evenly. I'm more thinking overall performance comparing 5th scale to 5th scale. My gripe about FG is they are just not refined. The suspension on the FG is my biggest gripe. My FG has way more power than my Baja. In a straight smooth line the FG will win a drag race hands down. Ad in some bumps, a rough yard or maybe a construction site and the suspension of the Baja will soak up all the rough stuff and win the same drag race. The FG just bounces all over the place or more than likely breaks. Now with that being said....The FG is a load of fun for just bouncing around and carrying on like a freak. If I only had to pick one, the HPI is the way to go. They just refined the 5th scale market. That buggy is where I'd like to see FG and the others start going toward.

We sorta hi-jacked this thread so I'll stop on this point.

I got 10 links of Chain for my kit today, i hope this will help some of the issues for me even before i run mine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks