Keep throwing the tires off beadlocks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21bangbang

Has a well-known member
Build Thread Contributor
So ever since I put the new engine in with the ESP high torque head, I keep slipping tires off. If the car diffs out with a wheel in the air its coming off. Its not constantly but has happened twice in 3 tanks. The beadlock rings are still tight, all the screws are still tight, its just sucking it right off. How do I fix this? What do you big bore guys do to hold your tires on?20200723_150003.jpg20200723_145944.jpg

Foams are good, was hopeful to avoid taping. Its a pain in the ass, did it on my mtxl and those are big easy tires. Plus they shimmy a bit with the tape throwing them off balance. My mtxl ones do anyways. Guess I gotta do it though.?

So ever since I put the new engine in with the ESP high torque head, I keep slipping tires off. If the car diffs out with a wheel in the air its coming off. Its not constantly but has happened twice in 3 tanks. The beadlock rings are still tight, all the screws are still tight, its just sucking it right off. How do I fix this? What do you big bore guys do to hold your tires on?View attachment 61530View attachment 61531
BRPs ?
20200204_155055.jpg
But that should be for big power only. I've never had problems with my obr 34 ss blowing tires. What diff fluid you using? Time to up it.
20200109_192504.jpg

BRPs ?
View attachment 61543
But that should be for big power only. I've never had problems with my obr 34 ss blowing tires. What diff fluid you using? Time to up it.
View attachment 61544
500k front and rear 1m center. Cant up it much more really.?‍♂️
This right here . It's not rocket science taping foams. I didn't do the inside of my tires.
Ever notice the tape doesn't stay quite put. Im 100% capable of using tape, it doesn't stay put on foams for long, and ends up with a gap, thus throwing balance off.
If you tape them right they shouldn't be off balance hardly at all. The trick is to stop the tape right where you started it.
Im aware. Run your rc's a lot and the tape moves around. Its not if, but when. Tapping works ok, but honestly is a redneck solution that doesn't work all that well. The tape shrinks with time and moves a bit. With how much tape it took to do mtxl its enough to make em wobble a bit. Its not horrible but noticeable and rough on bearings.

Last edited:
Guess you have no choice but to get the BRPs??‍♂️ i honestly have had no problems till I got my 50cc. I make sure all the rubber tabs are seated in the beadlock and all has been good.
Gonna save up for better beadlocks, or possibly alloy rims. Should hold better. No need for BRP's, thats a bit overkill and to much money. My old ass tires probably don't help either. They're original and have had countless tanks on them. Perhaps thats contributing to it.?‍♂️

Gonna save up for better beadlocks, or possibly alloy rims. Should hold better. No need for BRP's, thats a bit overkill and to much money. My old ass tires probably don't help either. They're original and have had countless tanks on them. Perhaps thats contributing to it.?‍♂️
I bought these for my L5T. Look like good quality
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264747920998

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks