Kill switch question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Timmah says there is a new killer bee for 2ch tx's now. Have a look at this thread...

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?p=76018#post76018

Funds are tight at the moment so I am going for 1 of these rather than upgrading to 3ch. It can be used on a 3ch set as well so happy days when I do upgrade :cool2:

Was tempted by that one , but im sure it said its not compatible with spektrum radios.......which was what i was planning to upgrade to !!!
Didnt realise all this was such a big can of worms !!!!!

boy i don't recommend you get a spektrum to use an a gasser RC. they are fine for electrics and Nitros, even Great, but suck hind tit on a gasser. about 50% of speky owners have glitching and range issues with them.

i would strongly suggest you take a good look at the AirTronics FXSS 2.4 3 chanle radio. Tower Hobby has them for like 110.00 shipped with 1 rx. quite a few gasser owners are using this radio with Very good results

would hate to see you get a speky and be on the bottom 50%. Spektrum says their IS no problem and tell you basically tough poop, its you and not the radio which we all know is Major bull poop. get the Airtronics minmum, or a Futabe 3PKS/X 2.4,more money but great radios.

I just ordered 2 of the v2 killer b's last night so we'll see how they perform

what radio you running Pip? if you have a Spektrum your not going to be able to use the KillerB V2. you ll need to wait a week or two until Kent the the V2-S (S for spektrum) is out.

the spektrums wont work with KB v2 swithc as the onboard failsafe over rides the switch and allow the motor to continue to run after a very brief shut down between the switch kicking in, and then 1 second later the Spektrum FS kicks in, overrides the switch and the motor starts to run again.

on my spek I have an original pb, vw has spek and a killer b, using the stock 2.4 from nutech with this new one stock nuteck with other. we'll see. I have this other multi model 2.4 to play with too. I like having more than one radio so I can hand a controller to someone and they drive with us

all the guys I run with here have or had spektrums and no problems... you guys just scared rich into buying an airtronics lol... never had an issue. my spektrum is so old the buttons need cleaning to work right haha

Just looking at the Killer bee cut-off switchon the vid Don71 posted.The bloke in the video says it has a buzzer and an LED,but I know when my engine cuts out.....it dosent make a noise:) :) :)
J.

I like the remote led's as you can see them through the window... good for when it's dead. how many times have we tried starting our toys with the kill swith in the off position lol... wtf is wrong!!!

my original pb is on the semi and I glued it to the engine's shroud. engine is exposed so I can see the light. I spent the extra $12 for the lights with the others. comes with a nice mounting bucket you can drill the rx box and mount, or put in the fan shroud or??

boy i don't recommend you get a spektrum to use an a gasser RC. they are fine for electrics and Nitros, even Great, but suck hind tit on a gasser. about 50% of speky owners have glitching and range issues with them.

i would strongly suggest you take a good look at the AirTronics FXSS 2.4 3 chanle radio. Tower Hobby has them for like 110.00 shipped with 1 rx. quite a few gasser owners are using this radio with Very good results

would hate to see you get a speky and be on the bottom 50%. Spektrum says their IS no problem and tell you basically tough poop, its you and not the radio which we all know is Major bull poop. get the Airtronics minmum, or a Futabe 3PKS/X 2.4,more money but great radios.

Yeh thats not the first time ive heard someone say that about spekkys and gassers. Its a shame cos that DX3E looks nice, but I don't want to buy it and find it a bag of problems. Ive never used a spekky myself but this has kinda put me off a bit.
Plus the DX3E has no digital display , no digital trims and no proper battery level indicator. Small things , I know , but........ !

I been lookin round and this caught my eye. Ansmann 2.4ghz system - apparently a re-badged Sanwa. Looks more like what I'm lookin for.
Anyone know anythin about these , or used them with one of the JackRc05 killswitchs on ebay (like Charlieboy has) ????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220550265188&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited:
Yeh thats not the first time ive heard someone say that about spekkys and gassers. Its a shame cos that DX3E looks nice, but I don't want to buy it and find it a bag of problems. Ive never used a spekky myself but this has kinda put me off a bit.
Plus the DX3E has no digital display , no digital trims and no proper battery level indicator. Small things , I know , but........ !

I been lookin round and this caught my eye. Ansmann 2.4ghz system - apparently a re-badged Sanwa. Looks more like what I'm lookin for.
Anyone know anythin about these , or used them with one of the JackRc05 killswitchs on ebay (like Charlieboy has) ????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220550265188&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Pete,ask Jacko about the Ansmann,they are really poop hot rads for the price.He has got two and they do everything you'll ever need from a mid range radio.
J.

Pete,ask Jacko about the Ansmann,they are really poop hot rads for the price.He has got two and they do everything you'll ever need from a mid range radio.
J.

Nice one mate , thats what I wanted to hear !!:clown:
I know they are cheap-ish but so is my Acoms 2 channel and thats been ace !!
Do you know if Jacko is using a kill switch with his , cos I just contacted JackRc05 on ebay to see if his (highly recommend) kill switch's will work with the Ansmann 3channel 2.4ghz system.
He basically said.. it probably will work, but can't be sure cos he has had no feedback from customers with this setup!!

Pete if you buy one off jack make sure you get the one with the remote LED

as he does two versions one with and one without:)

Yeh mate , thats the one ive got my eye on !
I'm ready to buy it but need to somehow make sure its going to work with the Ansmann 3ch 2.4ghz radio ! ... which i'm also ready to buy !! ARGH ! :helpsmilie:

Nice one mate , thats what I wanted to hear !!:clown:
I know they are cheap-ish but so is my Acoms 2 channel and thats been ace !!
Do you know if Jacko is using a kill switch with his , cos I just contacted JackRc05 on ebay to see if his (highly recommend) kill switch's will work with the Ansmann 3channel 2.4ghz system.
He basically said.. it probably will work, but can't be sure cos he has had no feedback from customers with this setup!!

No mate,he doesn't use a killswitch.
J.

Are there any good alternatives to this kill switch that anyone can recommend (from UK preferably). I'm ready to buy but have no guarantees that this switch will work with the Ansmann Radio system (which I'm pretty much sold on!)
What about those Battle switches ?? I know they are the older bulkier design , but if they work .........!!!!!

I just got an email off JackRc , saying that if I go for one of his killswitches and try it with the Ansmann 2.4ghz radio...and it doesn't work , then he will refund me if switch aint damaged.
I think thats pretty good of him. So I reckon I'm probably going to get the Ansmann radio and JackRc's switch and then...."suck it and see" !!

Are there any good alternatives to this kill switch that anyone can recommend (from UK preferably). I'm ready to buy but have no guarantees that this switch will work with the Ansmann Radio system (which I'm pretty much sold on!)
What about those Battle switches ?? I know they are the older bulkier design , but if they work .........!!!!!

the only other one i know of pete is the killer bee from mmr :cool2:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks