Kill switch question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that is the one I got off ebay, works a treat on my spekky DX3s.

only problem I had was the doubler plugs on flying lead (ones that go to teh coil/likk switch), too small for my Zen. I had to faff around and change the crimps. could allways solder it on to the existing kill button lead

Alternative killswitch

Here you go.. a plug & play alternative, which works perfectly.
http://powerslideracing.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85_86&products_id=1714

Are there any good alternatives to this kill switch that anyone can recommend (from UK preferably). I'm ready to buy but have no guarantees that this switch will work with the Ansmann Radio system (which I'm pretty much sold on!)
What about those Battle switches ?? I know they are the older bulkier design , but if they work .........!!!!!

Well ive done it !!
Ive ordered the Ansmann 3 channel 2.4ghz radio , and the JackRc kill switch.
Just hope they work OK together !!
Will post some results when its all fitted !!
Thanks for all the advice fellas :clown:

Well they both arrived this morning and I have spent today fitting it all.
And I'm pleased to say that after a quick test session in my back yard, it all seems to be working perfectly! Very pleased !!
And the Ansmann radio is VERY nice too, especially for under £60 !
Hopefully getting out for a proper test tomorrow so will post any more results.
Thanks to everyone for all the advice and info on this subject, much appreciated fellas ! :clown::clown:

Well they both arrived this morning and I have spent today fitting it all.
And I'm pleased to say that after a quick test session in my back yard, it all seems to be working perfectly! Very pleased !!
And the Ansmann radio is VERY nice too, especially for under £60 !
Hopefully getting out for a proper test tomorrow so will post any more results.
Thanks to everyone for all the advice and info on this subject, much appreciated fellas ! :clown::clown:

:no::no::no: not fare i can't come over :no:

:no::no::no: not fare i can't come over :no:

don't worry mate, its probably not gonna be a proper sesh !
Paul still has his diff to rebuild , and weather forecast don't look great !
I will prob end up just giving it a quick half hour to check radio and kill switch all behaving as they should.
Not long til the opp now ?????

The one that jackrc sells.I think its a modded PICO,the one with the light (Keiths favourate:clown:)
J.

Yep thats the one I got too.!!! It IS small isnt it !! Easy to setup and fit though !
I wasnt totally sure it would work with my new Ansmann radio, but all seems well.
Ive put my blue LED on top of the radio box so its visible through the front window...... plus there is a cool blue glow from inside the cockpit telling me all is well !!!!!!!!!!:clown::clown::clown:

If your transmitter is only 2 channels then a pico will not work. You would need a Killer Bee v2, which is made to work with 2 channel radios. Watch the videos on our website. www.KillerRc.com

Next week we will have the new Killer Bee v2-S which is made for Spektrums.

Last edited:
Just looking at the Killer bee cut-off switchon the vid Don71 posted.The bloke in the video says it has a buzzer and an LED,but I know when my engine cuts out.....it dosent make a noise:) :) :)
J.

Watch the videos on our website and you'll see it's purpose. Kill switch owners, Have you ever tried to start your engine and forgot to turn the kill switch on? You'll pull the starter a thousand times and the engine will never start until you flip the switch On. Well, if you have the buzzer then you will hear it and be reminded to go flip your switch before trying to start the engine. It also reminds you to turn off the rx power when the tx is turned off. Forgetting to turn off the rx power will drain your battery and it's bad for the servos if the failsafe kicks in. A $13 buzzer can save your $100+ servos.

Last edited:
Watch the videos on our website and you'll see it's purpose. Kill switch owners, Have you ever tried to start your engine and forgot to turn the kill switch on? You'll pull the starter a thousand times and the engine will never start until you flip the switch On. Well, if you have the buzzer then you will hear it and be reminded to go flip your switch before trying to start the engine. It also reminds you to turn off the rx power when the tx is turned off. Forgetting to turn off the rx power will drain your battery and it's bad for the servos if the failsafe kicks in. A $13 buzzer can save your $100+ servos.

Well if you do your standard checks you'll know when the killswitch is armed.
J

If your transmitter is only 2 channels then a pico will not work. You would need a Killer Bee v2, which is made to work with 2 channel radios. Watch the videos on our website. www.KillerRc.com

Next week we will have the new Killer Bee v2-S which is made for Spektrums.

You can also used the trannies on/off button as a third channel.Turn it off and the switch is operated.
J.

don't worry mate, its probably not gonna be a proper sesh !
Paul still has his diff to rebuild , and weather forecast don't look great !
I will prob end up just giving it a quick half hour to check radio and kill switch all behaving as they should.
Not long til the opp now ?????

yeah tomora mate, startin to poop myself now :clown::clown:

you should be ok mate, when i fitted mine first run out and all was good to go bashin :cool2::cool2: good look mate :cool2:

You can also used the trannies on/off button as a third channel.Turn it off and the switch is operated.
J.

Not on the V2 Killer Bee. The V2 is made for 2 channel radios, or a 3 channel radio where you're already using the 3rd channel for a light controller or 2nd brake servo. The V2 is not affected by switching radio trims. It only responds when the tx power is turned off or when there's a radio glitch.

Well if you do your standard checks you'll know when the killswitch is armed.
J

LOL. That's the problem. Many people don't do standard checks. They just pour in gas and go. The buzzer is for those people.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks