Kill switch question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would do that?? :blush:

Wish I had the buzzer ones. Didn't come out until after I bought mine.:(

Until I came up with the idea for the buzzer I heard this many times. That people had forgot about their kill switch and pulled the pull starter many times before they remembered to flip the switch on their transmitter. A couple guys have even went as far as taking off the engine cover to see what was wrong with the ignition coil. LOL. All they had to do was flip the switch on the transmitter. The buzzer prevents this.

Never claim anything is idiot proof, they'll just roll out a better idiot.

add me to the dumbass list, though in my defence I don't have an LED :blush:

ok guys i have been chatting with Jack that sell the modified pico switches

he has said if you contact him direct on his email address he can do the

kill switches cheaper than on ebay:cool2:.....he does 2 versions ....

1 with the bright LED and 1 without ....but i would prefer the 1 with the LED

ok his email address is [email protected] ......mention my name Keith

off large scale forums and he may do them even cheaper:clown:

Last edited:
Right boys,I installed the killswitch that I bought off Jackrc when we went to the log cabin( had a few hours to spare :)) When I hit the third channel switch the LED goes offbut thats about it! If I turn the tranny off nothing happens? what am i doing wrong? I have a good basic knowledge of electronics so I know the switch is installed correctly.Has anyone got any pointers?
Cheers dudes
J.

My PB switches arrived today. I ordered same day as 2 other orders. I love how fast this stuff comes and I just got the buggy ready last night... I will install my new KS tonight. I get to try the new V2 out with a 2ch radio.

Until I came up with the idea for the buzzer I heard this many times. That people had forgot about their kill switch and pulled the pull starter many times before they remembered to flip the switch on their transmitter. A couple guys have even went as far as taking off the engine cover to see what was wrong with the ignition coil. LOL. All they had to do was flip the switch on the transmitter. The buzzer prevents this.
I simply prevent this ever happening by never using the switch on the transmitter. If I need to kill the motor I just turn off the transmitter until the engine dies, then turn the Tx back on again. If I forget, I can see clearly that the failsafe is still on by the angle of the throttle/brake servo arm.

Right boys,I installed the killswitch that I bought off Jackrc when we went to the log cabin( had a few hours to spare :)) When I hit the third channel switch the LED goes offbut thats about it! If I turn the tranny off nothing happens? what am i doing wrong? I have a good basic knowledge of electronics so I know the switch is installed correctly.Has anyone got any pointers?
Cheers dudes
J.

It's either a defective kill switch, or a bad connection, or cut wire somewhere.

If I forget, I can see clearly that the failsafe is still on by the angle of the throttle/brake servo arm.

If you get distracted and forget about it for a few minutes then you will fry your servo, leaving it in failsafe mode. I've seen it happen to people at least a dozen times.

Last edited:
My PB switches arrived today. I ordered same day as 2 other orders. I love how fast this stuff comes and I just got the buggy ready last night... I will install my new KS tonight. I get to try the new V2 out with a 2ch radio.

Glad it arrived quickly. Sometimes Canadian Customs is slow. Did you have to pay any taxes? What radio are you using?

I got the v2's to work with the 2ch 2.4 ghz radios that came with the nutech... I was just moving stuff around and testing things out... have to check the website and see the instructions. I've used a number of your 3ch ones. have 3 of those here incl an original. now 2 of the new v2's. I have 2 different radios to try

I got the v2's to work with the 2ch 2.4 ghz radios that came with the nutech... I was just moving stuff around and testing things out... have to check the website and see the instructions. I've used a number of your 3ch ones. have 3 of those here incl an original. now 2 of the new v2's. I have 2 different radios to try

Watch part 1 of the Killer Bee 2 video. There's not much to it. Just use a Y-splitter on your steering channel or a channel without a built-in failsafe. Then plug the V2 Killer Bee into the splitter. Just turn off the radio to kill the engine. That's about it.

Let me know the model of radios you are using, and I will add them to my Kill Switch & Radio Compatibility Chart. I haven't used any Nutech radios.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok

it works fine on the nutech radio in ch1 but not ch2.
it doesn't work with the tactic radio from my duratrax dx450
it doesn't work with the eurgle 2.4 (also called a fly sky)

the tactic it stays green ch 1 or 2 power on or off radio
the eurgle same deal

I never tried with the dx3.0 because it's not for that radio. now I need to make a Y cable from these servo extensions

Those radios must have failsafes that's overriding the kill switch. Did you try all channels?usually ch1 is a better bet than ch2.

For the Spektrum dx3 you could use a V1 or V2-S Killer Bee.

ya I tried all the channels. I know the eurgle doesn't have a failsafe. I had bought 7 xtra rx's without them and had to get a different module without the failsafe.

the tactic is a basic 2.4 that came with the dirt bike.

it's all good. got it sorted. I sold an rc tonight and had to move some stuff around and ws trying to fix him up with a radio... the nutech radio didn't like the tower pro digi servos at all...nor did the tactic. I had all the radios out and rx's.. had the kitchen table and another fold out table and 3 5th scales in the house so started testing.

he's buying an m8 so it will be fine

Voo all the pb switches work on the spektrum but the v2 2ch version. I have 2 on my dx3.0 now. this is a new kill switch. I was just testing it on a few radios to give some feedback is all. works with the radio I bought them for so it's all good

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks