Kill Switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that mean there is not one for the new technology?

None that do all the features like kill spark on
- loss of signal
- loss of power
- remote 3rd channel operation

EXCEPT that one you linked to in the first post - i have messaged the guy and no response. I may approach an electronics guru and see what they can come up with if theres none available, I'm sure they'd sell considering how many people have DSM radios these days... crystals are a bit old tech these days, 2.4ghz is the way to go

What is a battle switch and how would you set it up? Have a link to one? Do you use one you could show us some vid of?
hook up is simple. plug into 3rd channel tap into kill switch wires and run the 2 wire to the screw lugs for the nc closed. this will allow u to kill it from the radio or it will kill itself from loss of power or signal. here is a diagram u want to use the off position
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/datasheets/Battleswitch-diagram.jpg

Last edited:
just switch the wires from n/o to n/c on the relay.

Have you done this mod? It looks like you can't do that with the CBE one i have, unless you are REAL good at soldering and even then I don't think it would be possible, it looks like the tracks on the board won't allow it - the two wires are soldered to the board and the tracks lead to the N/O contacts on the relay. There is also an IC sitting really close to the relay which prevents me from using my crappy soldering skills to remove the relay and have a look at the tracks on that side of the board - I would fry the chip for sure! :lol:

Have you done this mod? It looks like you can't do that with the CBE one i have, unless you are REAL good at soldering and even then I don't think it would be possible, it looks like the tracks on the board won't allow it - the two wires are soldered to the board and the tracks lead to the N/O contacts on the relay. There is also an IC sitting really close to the relay which prevents me from using my crappy soldering skills to remove the relay and have a look at the tracks on that side of the board - I would fry the chip for sure! :lol:
my fault i was thinking the cbe one was based off the battle switch but is based off the picco switch. the picco only has a relay that is n/o. so u cant switch the wires.

It actually uses an Omron GV5-1 pcb relay and it looks to have N/O and N/C contacts on the realy but the PCB they are mounted on only has tracks to the N/O contact.

I have just ordered one of those boat ones gunner, cheers

sorted, give us a review when you have it fitted. what radio system will you be using with it?

I need something to go with my spektrum dx3.0 at some point

just got this reply from the sellers

"Hi Gary,

It will work with your spectrum.

Because the Killswitch monitors the output signal to the servos it is immaterial whether the radio link is 2.4GHz, 72 MHz, 75MHz or any other frequency.

Eventually the servos need to be fed a pulse with a pulsewidth according to your transmitter input. The sequence of pulse trains is what our kill switch monitors.

If there is a sequence of 5 missed signals (0.05 seconds for a spectrum, longer for a conventional radio), the kill switch will act.

In addition, if the battery fails, or anything else will prevent the receiver from functioning altogether even thought the transmitter is fine, the killswitch will act. No other failsafe including PCM is capable of that.

Regards,"

Happy days

i thought the spectrum has a failsafe built in the radio?

Your right it does, but it lacks a low voltage fail-safe and has no kill switch. It would be nice to have the built in kill switch cause if your throttle servo fries out and you model goes WOT you can either hit the channel to kill the motor or panic shut of the controller and let the failsafe kill the motor. Either way having all the Fail-Safe properties in one unit would be awesome.

im looking at doing the Pico switch converted to a kill switch mod. i like the way its applied and its function.

Man, I wish I was electrically knowledgeable - :no:
Any luck someone will get one working and sell or explain in a how to for the electrically challenged.:blush:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks