Kill Switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's like the modified Pico. The light is a definite plus as you can tell the status. Also works amazingly well an has saved my 5B SS a couple of times.

Advice don’t use the Carson fail safe. After 10 to 20 minutes it will not allow you to start the engine. Bad qualities vary good idea.

Forget to explain.
Bout a Carson CPT and after 15 minutes did not start. The shop I bout it from replaced it for me, the haul thing. The second one the same story after 10 minutes did not start. Cut the weirs to the kill switch and all is ok.
Boat a Carson Gas Devil after 20 minuets guess what happened?

:helpsmilie:
I came across this video and was wondering if you knew if it is a home made job or is this the kill switch I've seen on other postings people talking about? I never heard anyone say that on signal and power loss it shut it down also?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuRPDy_MaTI&feature=user

If you know do you have a link?

thats the perfect fail safe, if only a compant would take this into account and make em mass production they would make a fortune and lots of large scale r/c owners would be more confident when they know the batteries are running on the low side

What is a battle switch and how would you set it up? Have a link to one? Do you use one you could show us some vid of?

i've got one on my leopard, you connect it to the third channel and then the other 2 wires go to the coil where the kill switch connects so pritty much the same as the one shown but smaller and the unit fits in the rec box, so if you loose sig, trans battery dies or if the rec battery dies the engine cuts out, i've never had a prob with mine!

This killswitch will do the same thing:
http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lshop,showdetail,6841,e,1241361307-7162,fernsteuerungen.akkus,y1147,,Tshowrub--fernsteuerungen.akkus,.htm

b0.jpg

Last edited:
the new page looks killer (boo hiss bad joke)... I need another. Just traded off one car and left the pb switch on. got a new toy and won't drive a 5th scale without one.

it's amazing how many 5th scale owners I have shown these things to that have never even heard of them. they all need to sign up at this forum.

Great new kill switch..love those new features...buzzer & flashing lite...
This is a must have item for any Gas RC Unit.....Slawhammer

Both of you are correct.

The buzzer keeps you from leaving the rx power on, or failsafe mode on.
It also lets you know that you need to flip your 3rd channel switch before trying to start the engine.

Some guys will forget about the kill switch, and they will pull and pull, trying to start the engine because they have forgotten that they killed the engine remotely, and they need to flip the switch back on. An audible buzzer reminds you to turn the switch back on.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks