Kill Switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problems with Fail safe on my 1/4 scale car..

I was wondering if you guys could help me.. I am totally new to the 1/4 scale scene and I just bought my first car.The problem I am having is that I am tring to put on a fail safe device to make the car go to full brake when it looses signal or battery voltage goes to low.. The fail safes are used on most Rc cars and I have bought one for my CAT5 disruptor 1/4 scale.. The problem is that on a smaller scale rc car, the throttle servo pulls one way for full throttle at the same time it pushes the brake linkage the opposite direction releasing the brake, then when the throttle is disengaged/released the servo goes the other way and pushes the throttle linkage back the opposite direction and it pulls on the bar to engage the brake..

On the cat5 1/4 scale car, the throttle and the brake are attached to the same servo horn position, so when you give it gas, the throttle cable is pulled one direction and the break linkage the same direction at the same time and that pulls the brake arm away from the disc at the same time giving it gas..When I release the throttle on the 1/4 scale, the servo horn releases tension on the throttle cable and goes to idle, while at the same time it pushes the brake bar against the disc to stop.

The fail safes are set so that when they loss signal they make the throttle servo go to full break.When ever I turn my controller off to simulate loss of signal, the car goes to full throttle and releases the brake. Just opposite of what I need it to do.

I have tried reversing the servo as well as the wires on the fail safe, but it does not work. When reversed and you give it throttle, it puts the brakes on hard and give the carb no gas.. I am at a lost and all I can think of, is it has to do with the regular rc cars have a brake that pulls to engage and mine pushes..I have even tried two other fail safes and they do the same thing.............................. I NEED HELP ...Maybe there are no options for a fail safe on a 1/4 scale car??? I did see one on Youtube that actually shut off the igniton from the transmitter, but I dn't know wher to get one.

Thanks guys and here is a link to my car..
http://www.myspace.com/toysforbigboys

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product2505.html

Modded pico and it works just like the one in the vid.
I have it on my Spektrum DX-3.

yer i had one i modded myself but 2 days ago it failed on me so i now have the battleswitch it's a little larger but the is no soldering required fitted straight out of the packet. happy days. I want the scanned English instructions to go with the carson one i have so i know what to do and if i decide to move it on.

sorry mate, totally forgot, will give them to a mate tomorrow (allanach) and get him to scan and post them up. Actually I'll try my scanner again, just got to find the power adapter and I think it may work, had the wrong voltage before - it may have cooked it but I'll try

emailed mate, they are a bit too big to post here and if I compress them you can't read the lettering properly, if anyone needs these instructions just PM me.... actually I'll try my photobucket... yeah baby res is still okay

th_FailsafeManual2.jpg
th_FailsafeManual1.jpg

i see 2 typs of kill swiches on largescalerc are they the same or is there a better one for the specky dx3??

Not quite sure the diff ebtween the "IHP" one and the TGN one, but from the description they would appear to do the same thing as the Diemaster one - of course the "IHP" one looks a bit bulkier.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks