King motor baja is GARBAGE!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coupon code: RVPCD5
Rovan RC 5%off

Coupon code: KMPCD5
King Motor RC 5%off

The RTRs are not perfect, steering and throttle servo garbage, sometimes factory pipe as well. Overall is a good buy, the Baja above the X2, imo. Must do a tear down, threadlock, and easy on the first few days.

Killer Bee is a MUST!

good luck

Last edited:
The roll cage mod, for easy service
Its so practical to remove the top portion and work on the baja without none of the of the hassle.

Mesh flywheel mod
- prevents pebbles from destroying your flywheel
Suspension limiters worth every penny to prevent shock failure/ fatigue

Well, I an all set to order a T1000. King website does not have free shipping currently but their Fleabay listings are free ship. I may jump on one today.

Well, I an all set to order a T1000. King website does not have free shipping currently but their Fleabay listings are free ship. I may jump on one today.

It would not hurt to send Dan a humble email that you are between the T1000 or another RC, in this case from Tower Hobbies or DDM, and they offer free shipping but he does not. But not having free shipping is holding you back. Sometimes he honors it, or he may throw in spare parts, maybe. don't forget the coupon code.

/// super late in the response, yes, suspension straps.
/// have read mix reviews about rezzies. For my kind of bashing the current setup is perfect, but I am thinking about the wider a-arms, but that as well is not needed, so far the baja handles good enough for me. The location I go bashing has good grip and rarely flips over.

We have an empty lot in the neighborhood that is mostly compacted sand. Myself and a few other Dads run 1/10th and 1/8th scale with our kids there. The owner is a fellow Deputy and he had some rocks dropped on it for a small trail / crawler site. We are working on making a proper figure eight track on it as well.

I will email Dan as you suggested.

I just checked, and I do get free shipping. Added the same truck as yours.
Could be a glitch with your browser, maybe try Chrome, Firefox.

Did you login?

Other sites I go to, until I logon, the free shipping does not kick in.

Woo Hoo. Free shipping and some extra goodies added. Should be here by Feb. 21st. I downloaded the T1000 manual as well as the HPI 5T manual. They are just about identical. Part numbers are obviously different but heck. 30.5 cc engine with 2WD to me equals racer. That's the ticket for me.
Now the one I have on the way has the blue body. My plan is taking all the KM stickers off and getting the body either hydro dipped or stripping the paint. Is it possible to strip or is it pretty much baked on there? A new clean body is gonna run like a buck and a half. Is it solid blue under the stickers or is there graphics painted in? If it's solid color, I can deal with it.

Order a starter now. Mine was good for 8 pulls. The 30.5 seems like a strong runner. I haven't even tried to tune mine yet. I have a off idle throttle lag and it's takes a second on top end to run up but it is a new engine and I haven't leaned it any yet.

Watch out for fence posts too. I am putting in a new chassis.

Last edited:
Nice, Dan tries his best to keep his customers and acquire new ones.

Takes lots of pictures, upload them if possible.

I am glad you were able to get free shipping. Hopefully you took advantage of the coupon code.

Got the T1000 on Friday. Been on duty since then. Won't be off til Wednesday. From what I did get into, the servo horn was very loose, steering posts need shims, rear sway bar is rubbing the CV boots and the rear chassis protector is rubbing on the brake disks. I fixed all but the rear sway bar rubbing. Any ideas? I was thinking of trimming the wire on each end and reinstalling.

Oh, and where can I find the cage mod?

Had a bit of time to look at things on the T1000 today. Front arms are a bit wobbly. Either the pins are too thin or the plastic is out of spec. Ball joints in front are kind of loose too. Upper and lower. Ordered a billet clutch carrier and limiting cables for the first break in runs. Shocks seem pretty smooth. Breaks need a bit of fiddling with. They seem to be dragging a little.

I keep reading about a cage mod but I can not seem to find the instructions on doing it. Anyone???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks