King motor baja is GARBAGE!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I was not hoping for it I just put it out there
In case KM wanted to change there image to that of a reputable manufacture of quality hobby products
Instead of cut rate products
Even for a clone manufacture
As said from above I to am done with this discussion
There should be enough information here for anyone thinking of purchasing one to make a informed decision
[emoji457][emoji469]
The kid down the street from me has a KM Baja that he bashes the shite out as most 12 year olds do and doesn't have problems with it.
I know cause I help him with tuning etc.
The only prob he's had was when one of the back wheels fell off due to a loose nut

I had been messing around with 1/10 scale for years, and had wanted to step up to larger 1/5 scale but saw they were just too much for my taste. I could afford one, just not at the price they were asking. I have been in gas boats for years, and the HPI was the price of a new boat. Then I ran across the KM roller, who could balk at that. I didnt know you could get the 1/5 as a roller. I looked around to check the price of an HPI baja as a roller, No chance there. I might would of considered one if it was offered. But since I got the KM and added upgrades, I have had no problems, I have no regrets. I don't see that much advantage with the higher price of the HPI or the parts.

Last edited:
Well HPI Europe has closed its doors
And the Rc world is getting smaller or at least the ones that designed anything
Wondering what will be next for King to make [emoji90]

I personally think Dan has gone above & beyond with my purchase. I actually drove to NY and purchased in person. Dan discounted the shipping charges, gave me almost 150.00 in upgrades free and also gave my son a few T-shirts, hats etc... Dan was very personable and professional and encouraged me to ask questions and bring any concerns to his attention immediately. I have emailed him multiple times in the past 2 years since my purchase to buy accessories and he has always given me a discount rate and 1st class shipping. His customer service is AAAA+ in my own opinion and would highly recommend KM. I also own 2 HPI's and the KM is equivalent with fraction of cost ! True, they all have weak points and will eventually upgrade parts but that is any make / model regardless. Sorry the OP had a bad experience ! However, there are many that have had positive experiences and I am one of them.

Rovan, King Motor, HPI, Losi ALL MADE IN CHINA. Just one exported to Illinois others to NY. Fact same plants make them. I have a friend that is working over there as a Design Engineer. She told me it's the same plant. Same CNC programs, same plastic etc. So pay for the same cheaper one as your going to do a ton of up grades to it any way. Save the $900 USD and put it into the up grades. I got the K2 roller as I am using a RCMK CR300F 4 bolt and 4 bearing engine. I'll use my radio that I use on my gas boats. Losi and HPI, your paying for a label.

Dude, its obvious you are been biased...

So you got a friend from a friend, really?

You just opened an account 2 months ago and all 7 postings are about talking negative about Losi, manufacturing, all the money you saved...

Dude, its obvious you are been biased...

So you got a friend from a friend, really?

You just opened an account 2 months ago and all 7 postings are about talking negative about Losi, manufacturing, all the money you saved...

I been in the RC game for well over 40 years and I have not and will not get sucked into the buying label game. I take a product for its face value and how well its made no matter who makes it. I just don't see were its smart to blow excessive amount of money for a lable. Hey, but if its your thing by all means waste your money. Oh as to THE friend, she works in China as a design engineer that I went to high school with that was a top grad at MIT. You crankestine are called my friend a TROLL. Not bashing anything just pointing out things.

Last edited:
This whole thread is irrelevant. Waste of breath to tell someone else their stuff is junk when clearly not all of it is......proof is in the pudding. Also Rovan is not King Motors. Big differences in the part specs. and fitment.

This whole thread is irrelevant. Waste of breath to tell someone else their stuff is junk when clearly not all of it is......proof is in the pudding. Also Rovan is not King Motors. Big differences in the part specs. and fitment.

Just going by the adds for Rovan and KM. They state that all Losi 5t parts fit. Geometric dimensioning is everything. As a working back ground as a machinest, its everything.

Yes, I handled both Rovan and KM side by side in early shipments and the KM was far tighter in tolerances then. That said the Rovan in the last year has undergone better body panels, better beadlock fitment, stronger plastics, and a different radio and servos, so big improvements. The KM X2 had what I already wanted, being a former Losi 5ive T owner, plus the included clear body was really what sealed the deal for me. I ran it stock for 2 weeks, then tore it down and built it back up properly. I don't have 1 regret. I found the stock radio and servos were quite good, and when this stock engine wears out (looks like it is going to be a while as it still rips donuts on pavement, after 6 gallons) I'll be in the market for a big long block with higher gearing to match.

Yes, I handled both Rovan and KM side by side in early shipments and the KM was far tighter in tolerances then. That said the Rovan in the last year has undergone better body panels, better beadlock fitment, stronger plastics, and a different radio and servos, so big improvements. The KM X2 had what I already wanted, being a former Losi 5ive T owner, plus the included clear body was really what sealed the deal for me. I ran it stock for 2 weeks, then tore it down and built it back up properly. I don't have 1 regret. I found the stock radio and servos were quite good, and when this stock engine wears out (looks like it is going to be a while as it still rips donuts on pavement, after 6 gallons) I'll be in the market for a big long block with higher gearing to match.

I just ordered an X2 for my son. It will be interesting having both side by side. The LT 305 is almost done. I just keep putting in orders to DDM for cool stuff. This thing is almost as bad as my M4's and my HK91's.
This is the kit I ordered. http://www.kingmotorrc.com/1/5-gas-truck/1/5-scale-x2-4wd-roller-short-course-truck-clear-body/

Done a few more upgrades, if you can call the upgrades. Widened the rear stance by 2" and fabed a new rear wing from 1/8" aluminum and carbon fiber. Also heard about a few guys breaking the front of the chassis. I headed that off with a 3/16" stainless steel plate. Added a little weight, but doesn't seem to make a difference. A modded motor in a buggy like this, plenty of power to spare. As far as being a clone. After all the mods, upgrades and parts for various manufacturers we do, not sure you can call it a clone.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 10
I just installed a front shaft Rovan brand into a King Mot

I just installed a Rovan front shaft to a King Motors X2, its the same company, different batch. Business wise is the same, PP payments reflect same address, and equally when receiving packages, the from address is same site. I had to drill on the front shaft pin hole, way off in specs, the pin that came in the bag (not from the truck), would not fit. That same pin (from the bag), worked with the KM damaged front shaft, but not on its own part. Like always, I sent request for replacement part to Rovan, and all I got was a, will we notify the manufacturer, after the fact I sent pictures and video.

Been wanting a T1000 for a long time. I had a chance to get one new for $500 but the guy sold it already. Dan has them for $589. Looks like that is where my overtime check is going in three weeks. With it's compatability with HPI parts and large aftermarket support, it will do me well.

$619 with free shipping. When stuff breaks I will replace it with better stuff. Straight away I did a Super Bee kill switch, alloy clutch carrier and Killer RC starter. What I really need is some sunshine so I can go outside and break it..

IMG_6631.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks