King motor baja is GARBAGE!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A KM T1000A got me into 1/5 scale...I took it down to near kit form before even fueling it. Checked, loctited, refilled shocks with silicone, refilled diff with heavier silicone, greased Trans gears, greased dogbones, plasti dipped servos, ballooned rx, etc, etc. Only issue I had turned out to be the carb having some metal shavings in it. I had already gotten a replacement carb from Dan within 2 days of emailing him. So, feel a little guilty after rebuilding the original carb and seeing the problem. I kept it as a spare and even ended up trying to keep some good karma by passing it on to a guy that needed it for his HPI 5SC. I ended up with such a strong kit, I have convinced several others to buy KMs. Mine was tuned just right and was just a beast to drive. From day one I beat it like it owed me money and was never disappointed. It still lives on and runs like a banshee with a buddy of mine who has REALLY put it through it's paces. I have since owned HPIs and will say, out of the box, I was much more impressed with what you get from a KM. I understand a lot of the issues people have with them being clones, but the next time you're running your KM, HPI, Losi, etc...take a look over your kit, your tx/rx, parts, etc and let me know where it's made.

HPI or Km. Once you add all the aftermarket parts from all the different vendors, all these buggies become clones. If you don't know you're doing, you will have problems will either one. Both will break parts. If you ain't breaking something, you ain't having fun.

Another vote for Dan, both in terms of product and customer service. Mine arrived with a broken front stock support. Dan responded immediately and replaced. When I tore it down for replacement I discovered damage to the towers. Dan, once again, responded immediately. I don't know what when down between the OP and Dan, but my experience with Dan was very good. I have about 6 tanks through mine now and the only time the engine didn't start was a fouled plug! I replaced the carb (just wanted something with better throttle response) and I have not broken anything else. I would not hesitate to buy from Dan again, and would, with no hesitation, to recommend others to buy from him.

i sell chainsaws and had someone bring one back locked up.i school everyone before sellin.he was sure he added one 4.0z bottle to the gallon of gas.he said it only ran good with the fuel i gave him,but i have yo ask him.he puts his mixture in,it runs for a minute.i looked right at him and asked,,,,,,,,when you added the oil did you shake the can up? he immediately looked far away and said yeah I ALWAYS DO,,, well that might of worked but,,,,,,,,,,he told me this is his first 2cycle.he stood solid on it saying he never said that.i asked then why when i showed the chain oiler cap you thought that is where i oil goes to mix with the gas,i said that would be cool to have a auto injector but would add to the cost.i sold him another for $40 off and ended replacing the ring and its ok,,,,,,,,,,,,he never shook the can,,,,,,i put his fuel in my lawnmower.it did not smoke at all.wasn't smokeless oil,,,,,,,,,,,

my t1000 came from dan as well . going on 5 yrs , minor issues like servos and battery , but still the same engine . I will be getting the x2 here in another month or so .

King Motor Garbage....yes and no

Hello Baja Fans,
because this thread is one of the first if you are looking for a km baja review, some suggestions.

I got a king motor 2.0 Ex (750$). After the break-in I was surprised how well this buggy is going.
But there are some serious issues.
-The plastic shaft of the left front shock exploded.
- The rims lost their chrome.
- The Aluminium inner and outer beadlocks were trash after the buggy rolled in a corner on gravel.

So I need to get new Rims, new beadlocks and new shocks, because the shock shafts are really grab.

It was the first one hour drive on gravel.

I will try to get some desperados from pro-line and knobbys with it and I bought some alloy shocks.
Hope that will hold a while but the bill went up to 250 US Dollar!

The buggy is nice.....but no aluminium on the wheels and no plastic where the forces on the shocks are highest.

If HPI would sell their buggy 200 Dollar cheaper, I would go for it. Otherwise I cannot complain about the km engine, alloy suspension arms and so on. strong. but the details......

Best regards
Chris

The KM X2 I bought in person from Dan near N.Y.C. has been a better experience than my Losi 5ive T was over 3 years ownership in every way. I too wish the KM engine had more power, just like every 5ive T owner.....The heavy pigs need it!

i'm going on Five gallons,,,,,it will still pick-up the buggy off the ground if i don't hold it down when pull starting,second gear locker still picks up the front wheels when second locks in,,,,,,,,,,,i only use synthetic oil.

I find those say KM are rubbish are the ones who know nothing about 1/5th scale RC and all the issues they have are self inflicted and they just want to blame someone else for their mistakes.

my t1000 still strong as ever nothing broke yet, cuz i replaced all the parts with stronger stuff before i even run it lol but nothing broke still runs like a screamin demon only thing getting worn is my tires will need new ones soon Dan is the number one guy to buy a KM from he stands behind them he did for me and others

still stock

my t1000 still strong as ever nothing broke yet, cuz i replaced all the parts with stronger stuff before i even run it lol but nothing broke still runs like a screamin demon only thing getting worn is my tires will need new ones soon Dan is the number one guy to buy a KM from he stands behind them he did for me and others

I've replace a bracket up front and upgraded the pipe . I've had some crazy wrecks too . body is trashed as to be expected . my buddies have all types of 1/5's this is the fastest by a fair amount

Anything will be garbage if you treat it like garbage. I own HPI products, King Motor, and Rovan. For what you get, KM and Rovan are better. Quality is just as good if not better.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks