King Motor x2 build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8A423F9A-71FA-486E-BC7C-7D95DA3C690C.jpegE73B9E7B-BAF0-47A8-ADA8-A005F8A628A9.jpeg
Started by centring steering servo and adding a killer rc 6000mah lipo and seems to have solved it. First time I’m running a lipo in 1/5 scale and why haven’t I done it before it’s so much quicker. Took it out for the second tank going through it, all ran well. Got a dual steering servo saver that I need to get round to fitting at some point, apart from that car is done for the moment. Anyone from the uk going to bashfest in may?

after looking at the picture yes I need to remove the old exhaust bracket?

Right so took the car out today, to find started ok but wheels seem to be locked. Spur gear won’t turn. But rear and front driveshafts do if the wheels are off but neither front to centre or centre to rear shafts turn. Am I just looking at a locked centre diff?

9A592A6D-1B1D-44EE-AE28-B26503669A4F.png
Not the best quality, but managed to catch a tad of air? Half way through lost left steering, the side pod was catching on the plastic that the servo saver is in some how.
A983FCFD-BA59-4CEE-ADAE-CC48267572C1.jpegEBEDD198-E80B-40FE-8DE8-C7E042CEABE4.jpegD26897CD-4DBF-4836-A6C5-9E2FB86CDBA2.jpegDC6997C9-F222-4AE1-84A9-96E690DDCE8F.jpeg
Right so the throttle seems to partially open slightly and doesn’t seem to be closing fully. Pic 1 is fully closed with me pushing it, 2 fully open, 3 is where it returns to by itself. Any ideas as I’ve checked the linkage and running out of ideas

Sorted throttle out, fitted a dual servo arm gone to centre the steering servo before putting the horn back on and smoke started coming out ?. Managed to pull the lipo out as quick as I could before further damage. The receiver switch is melted away, but where its melted the the cable it’s joined onto the throttle servo wire and started to chafe it. Is it possible to get any other servo wires anywhere with the connector on? And any way to test out the receiver and steering servo now?8EAE38C8-21B9-413E-9A58-1687481A42AC.jpegABDE61D7-97D4-4494-95C7-6AD1EAA7BB53.jpeg
EB003B70-C8C9-4956-9E96-FFF711DFC94B.jpeg

Just get an extension lead and solder it on your cord.
Looks like I’ll be ordering one of these, dunno when it will turn up with all this going on

Damn you're having a rough go with this rc. Id have probably raged out on it by now and threw it in front of a fast moving truck.
ah mate tell me about it I don’t know how I haven’t yet either ?

Hope everyone’s well in these times??. Got a lot of time at the moment so threw the new receiver switch in and nothing working at the moment. Wondering if theres a way to check if the receiver is fried, or the servos? Pulled the lid of the receiver and can’t see anything burned out. Also on the lipo charger it’s got a servo tester, and all are reading the same, although I don’t know what they should be reading. Appreciate any input as I don’t want to shell out on all electrics at the moment.

Hope everyone’s well in these times??. Got a lot of time at the moment so threw the new receiver switch in and nothing working at the moment. Wondering if theres a way to check if the receiver is fried, or the servos? Pulled the lid of the receiver and can’t see anything burned out. Also on the lipo charger it’s got a servo tester, and all are reading the same, although I don’t know what they should be reading. Appreciate any input as I don’t want to shell out on all electrics at the moment.

Turn the switch on ,an unplug a servo an then plug it back in ,sometimes the servo will move a little when you
plug it in ,if it does ,then the juice is getting to the servo!

If it is a 2.4 ,then it maybe possible that it needs re binding to the transmitter ,or if the antenna wire is damaged ,
it wont get no signal from the transmitter!

Yeah the receiver is a futaba r304sb so I’ll try and re bind it tomorrow fingers crossed all works

Also ,if your still not sure about the switch ,you should be able to bypass an plug the batt. directly to the rec.
to test it!
I had to re bind before from my stuff being disconnected & not being used for long periods of a time!

But anyway ,I hope you figure it out!...(y)

Hmm ive never had to re bind a futaba myself. But I've heard of weirder things here. Easiest was to test this stuff is with another reciever you know works. Bit tedious to do, but then you know for sure. With how you had a short, it wouldnt really surprise me if the RX or servo was fried

Also ,if your still not sure about the switch ,you should be able to bypass an plug the batt. directly to the rec.
to test it!
I had to re bind before from my stuff being disconnected & not being used for long periods of a time!

But anyway ,I hope you figure it out!...(y)
Never had that before having to re bind, but got the receiver going by passing switch. Started plugging in servos, steering d845 working ok. The d840 throttle don’t respond and makes the battery not disconnected as quick. Took the apart and found the short across the bottom of the wires in the servo

Attachments

• 83DA4F13-3CED-4FF5-A37C-91BCF5416657.jpeg
    83DA4F13-3CED-4FF5-A37C-91BCF5416657.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 9
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks