KM Baja.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what the shoes look like!

The bell ,as you can see ,never got too hot ,if it did ,you will see bluing ,it is not there ,the carbon bearing carrier is
not distorted in any way ,an the bearing is still smooth an no slop!

The inside of the bell is in great shape & is still meaty with out any deep grooving ,or ridge at
the outer section ,it still looks new!

There we go, now were not squinting lol. Yeah them clutch shoes look pretty far gone

I could tell the difference in the launch ,an also full wot from the last 2 runs that I did with it ,frm
a few years back from those runs ,but that last few years ,the buggy was ran in the street ,so
street running may have worn them out faster ,just because the buggy looks dirty & nasty ,also
old ,It really hasn't had a whole lot of run time on it!

I had also seen worse ,I seen clutch shoes completely gone ,metal to metal ,an the bell completely
severed into two pieces!....LOL

I could tell the difference in the launch ,an also full wot from the last 2 runs that I did with it ,frm
a few years back from those runs ,but that last few years ,the buggy was ran in the street ,so
street running may have worn them out faster ,just because the buggy looks dirty & nasty ,also
old ,It really hasn't had a whole lot of run time on it!

I had also seen worse ,I seen clutch shoes completely gone ,metal to metal ,an the bell completely
severed into two pieces!....LOL
Yeah they aren't horrible but they aren't good. I'd definitely replace em while yet in der.

I have shoes in my stash ,I will check an see if they fit ,some are at least a 1/4 '' thick of meat on them!

It looks pretty grubby in there, would be a good idea to check your crank seals whilst your at it.

I will check those out here in a bit ,hopefully it is only clutch dust ,if it is leaking ,I will replace them ,but I
really don't want to split the casing ,I just want to do the basic an clean & lube ,put back togeter ,I really
don't want to sink money into it ,I want to find another to build for high performance!

I power washed it ,tired of getting my hands greasy ,I am fixing to take the rear end apart!
The one pic is a towel ,that isn't grease ,it is actually clutch dust ,it was a lot!....the shoe pads are as thin as a
soda carton in the middle of the pad!

Last edited:
I need to replace bearings ,is the F.E.'s any good ,or does anyone recommend something else?
I have a full set of F.E.'s for my AE. Mgt. ,but haven't got to try them out yet ,so I don't know the quality of them!

Team fast eaddy? .......i think they are overpriced ??

I didn't buy the ones I got for the Mgt. ,I won them in a contest ,so I don't know the cost ,I will have to check!
The trans has to be right ,before I put it back in ,I don't want the headache of pulling it back out again!....:cool:

Mark35 knows all the transmission bearing sizes, so take those and find em here were you can buy indevidual bearings for really really cheap, and they are tfe so they are good
https://www.fasteddybearings.com/metric-bearings/

Only if you buy their "RC" kits. You buy indevidually and it's super cheap ?

I haven't pulled the diff apart ,I don't think that the idler bearing are gone ,but you can see that the outdrive bearings
are gone.
Looking at pics of the original bearings on E-bay ,they are not sealed bearings ,but what is weird ,the pics of the
idler bearings are ,that don't make sense that the idler bearings ,in which are in closed casing be sealed ,an the out-
drives are not!....DOH

Here is what originals look like!

Here is the ideler bearings ,they are sealed!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks