KM Baja.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't pulled the diff apart ,I don't think that the idler bearing are gone ,but you can see that the outdrive bearings
are gone.
Looking at pics of the original bearings on E-bay ,they are not sealed bearings ,but what is weird ,the pics of the
idler bearings are ,that don't make sense that the idler bearings ,in which are in closed casing be sealed ,an the out-
drives are not!....DOH

Here is what originals look like!

View attachment 52680

Here is the ideler bearings ,they are sealed!

View attachment 52681
The Bottom is km top is hpi so that could mean something. But I'm not sure

I pulled the diff spool out of the casing ,the slop seems to be inside the spool ,an not the bearing ,but you can turn the
output cup ,an the inside of the bearing doesn't move with the shaft ,the bearing moves freely ,but the shaft of the cup
doesn't fit snug to the inside of the bearing ,even if I shimmed ,it will not be snug!

I am not sure if it is the cheap quality ,or which one is the problem ,but I am pretty sure that the inside bearing is
suppose to fit snug on to the output cup shaft ,the other side doesn't appear as sloppy ,but the bearing inside does
not move with the shaft either.
They are sealed bearings ,an are all still in great shape ,the diff still turns smoothly other than a little slop ,I will just
pull it apart ,clean & lube ,an put it back together!

I went do to a local bearing supplier the other day grabbed a complete set of bearings so I replaced all and it was a pretty good price ??
I did sealed bearings in the hubs

Yea but ,did the bearing on the cup shaft go on snug?

Looks fine, except that it looks like there is zero grease on them gears, unless you just wiped them off ?

Yea ,your right ,that was all the grease there was ,I didn't wipe nothing yet ,I will pop the pumpkin tomorrow!
Everything looks good ,its just has that little slop on the outdrive cup ,may need shim or trust washer!

Oh poop, how did that last with almost no grease in it. Damn

It maybe a silicone base grease ,I don't know ,but it could be that it is because it really don't have a lot of run time ,an
also ,it is a 23cc an not high output power!

I actually use syliglide from Napa in my diffs on my other RC's ,it doesn't shrink ,melt or freeze ,an withstands
600 deg.!

Yep don't want it dry ? that jus wouldn't be a good time for y gears

I don't know if it had a fluid in there an perhaps leaked out of the outdrives!

probably what saved it from melt down ,was from not running it at long periods ,I really never driven it
no more than 5 to 8 min. at a time!
I am glad that I decided to break it down ,as I always did on my nitro's for maintenance ,but I may not have
if Z didn't force me to come over here on the LSF ,I probably would have just got it running an ran the snot
out of it until it grenade!....LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks