Kraken KV5TT Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sean. I wasn't sure. I must have missed the post, my bad 🤦‍♂
Well wraps done! That wasn't too hard, but not too fun..patience..🙁🤯....👍🤩👍...heated and now going to let the glue cure overnight then I will cut the screw pockets and reinstall everything tomorrow.
Can't decide whether to cut up the wing decal and wrap the dominator wing or just throw it on the blade. 🤔

Attachments

• 20210617_182311.jpg
    20210617_182311.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks Sean. I wasn't sure. I must have missed the post, my bad 🤦‍♂
Well wraps done! That wasn't too hard, but not too fun..patience..🙁🤯....👍🤩👍...heated and now going to let the glue cure overnight then I will cut the screw pockets and reinstall everything tomorrow.
Can't decide whether to cut up the wing decal and wrap the dominator wing or just throw it on the blade. 🤔
Man looks good nice idea on the wing decal never thought about that👍

I have an idea, may need a haric specialty to make a sleeve. But when you cut a spring you actually increase its spring rate. So you could conceivably take another stock spring and cut it down to say an inch or so, and stick a guide sleeve in between that short spring and the stock length spring to make a duel rate spring.

I have an idea, may need a haric specialty to make a sleeve. But when you cut a spring you actually increase its spring rate. So you could conceivably take another stock spring and cut it down to say an inch or so, and stick a guide sleeve in between that short spring and the stock length spring to make a duel rate spring.
So making equivalent of the Baja rears but for the KV5TT.

You and @John Parks been talking?🤔😂😂

Please keep me informed
I did think of this, I just haven't had time to measure up some cups.
@PortCityRC
where did you get your wrap? That looks really nice.
Jon Hall at Joker designs.
You and @John Parks been talking?🤔😂😂
Any interest brother? No rush, but I'll gladly make it worth your time$$$. I was looking around for ideas a couple months ago, also looked at the Raminators shocks as an idea. I tried getting shock therapy to make me custom shock sets a few months ago, gave them my specs, but said they couldn't make them. I have a local custom spring shop where was also thinking about if they could make a set of dual rate springs, but my best luck will be making cups and cutting springs. Also thinking ahead are you able to obtain Delrin material Hari and cut it on your CNC? It should be made out of this so it doesn't rip up the shock body and let's it slide properly and is very strong
Ram shocks for reference of their cup design
Please keep me informed

I did think of this, I just haven't had time to measure up some cups.

Jon Hall at Joker designs.

Any interest brother? No rush, but I'll gladly make it worth your time$$$. I was looking around for ideas a couple months ago, also looked at the Raminators shocks as an idea. I tried getting shock therapy to make me custom shock sets a few months ago, gave them my specs, but said they couldn't make them. I have a local custom spring shop where was also thinking about if they could make a set of dual rate springs, but my best luck will be making cups and cutting springs. Also thinking ahead are you able to obtain Delrin material Hari and cut it on your CNC? It should be made out of this so it doesn't rip up the shock body and let's it slide properly and is very strong
Ram shocks for reference of their cup design
My bag never tagged @Haric 👆👆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210618-093252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210618-093252_Chrome.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Son of a beech! This was loctited and in order 🤔..Lost a screw out of the top of the Vertigo steering saver brace, causing quick loss of steering, snapped a front axle and sheered the bottom servo saver screw. Better the screw than anything else. Was getting into the zone and having a good little rip for break. Always something🙁.
Here's a little run clip before the damage.

Attachments

• 20210618_144556.jpg
    20210618_144556.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Ok so the new springs are about 15mm shorter. Couldn't find the correct length. They are much much firmer than stock. I have have the stock ones cranked all the way down and it was still soft on the compression and didn't rebound quiet well. I am running 700cst oil all around .

These are for fronts and NOT the rears. But once you put them on and adjust the perch down they are nice and stiff. First half of the compression is about 25% stiffer than stock and the rest of the compression is quiet stiff. I can barely get it to go all the way down. I believe these will work great for the fronts. Just need to drill out the Pistons holes and make them little bigger and run around 2000cst.

I am ordering another one for the front . They are stainless steel but they are raw. Nice polish will get them shining.

Rear stock measurements are

163mm L
42.35mm OD
36.35mm ID
Coil spacing 15mm

PXL_20210623_032054379.jpg
PXL_20210623_032252910.jpg

@niz55 Are them springs from McMaster Carr?..I definitely want to try them with all my added aluminum weight. They look great. Even if a touch shorter the added psi should make up for the ride height. Mine tend to settle and sag a little, but she's pretty heavy

Damn i forgot to measure that ...

The rears this might work. The od is 1.9" vs stock 1.6"

Spring-Tempered Steel Compression Spring, 6" Long, 1.938" OD, 1.438" ID

https://www.mcmaster.com/96485K141
Holy fek 304lb load😮😳 Too much on them
100lbs is max I say.. my rigs 55lbs..so I say look for 70-80lbs 25% more to start..these are pretty cheap..I'll could buy all of them to test if we need to 🤣...I wouldn't think double the vehicle weight but maybe, not sure on suspension calculations at the moment😅 and that's full compression which I don't plan to jump my truck....on purpose😂

Last edited:
Holy fek 304lb load😮😳 Too much on them
Yeah i know haha but I am still going to try it.

The fronts are 98lbs load.

Fronts

116mm L
42.35mm OD
36.35 ID
coil spacing 15mm
Coil thickness 3.25mm front and rear.

Might need aluminum shock bottoms.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks