Kraken KV5TT Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's ddm spec @41lbs, I never used much of the original kit so I can't really compare
I am now at 55.5lbs dry😂
It is a narrower rearend. Overall truck is longer than the kv5 but length is all in the cage and body. The rear diff housing, front shock tower, upper and lower arms and supporting driveshafts are the only differences from the kv5. Mine is a bit wider because I swapped my offset on my rcmax wheels when I got them for the deep dish look and added stability. I was thinking about trying to see how the extended brp adapters perform but I really can't complain too much how it handles now with how it's setup. I would custom springs and shocks or have some cups made to turn them in to a dual rate spring setup but need to make some calls to a custom spring shop. Shock therapy is the best around and their not even interested. Kinda a stinker😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210523-130031_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210523-130031_Chrome.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Goofed my post edit😂😂😂
Got about half of run in before I started to record🙄. I ended up losing the nut off my throttle linkage, seems like always something even with meticulous inspections, but atleast a very minor fix. I am very happy that the driveshaft seemed to perform flawless though. Tomorrow's a new day... we'll try again🤘😎🤘

Last edited:
I'm definitely needing some thicker weight oil in these shocks and will have to balance being no other spring options, also gonna grab a heavier lipo for the box too, to keep that left side down

Attachments

• GX010494_1623895769063_2.jpg
    GX010494_1623895769063_2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 5
  • GX010494_1623895769063_2.jpg
    GX010494_1623895769063_2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 6
I'm definitely needing some thicker weight oil in these shocks and will have to balance being no other spring options, also gonna grab a heavier lipo for the box too, to keep that left side down
A guy at baisley is using shocks that were meant for a different rig can’t for the life of me remember which one it was. I’d ask him but I don’t much care for the guy and rather not talk to him. So I guess that wasn’t much help🤷‍♂️

A guy at baisley is using shocks that were meant for a different rig can’t for the life of me remember which one it was. I’d ask him but I don’t much care for the guy and rather not talk to him. So I guess that wasn’t much help🤷‍♂️
If your talking about the kdt innovations guys , I think it was Mecatech,
Edit: kdt used mcd shocks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-234107_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-234107_Instagram.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 11
I need to support this big bore and alloy weight and hard throttle hits. Its not even close to being tuned. I'm gonna see a local spring shop tomorrow see what they think. I'm currently running ddm chromes, they are a stiffe tension than the stock rear kv5tt springs. But the chrome, I'm thinking they are the same as kv5 buggy

Just checked their post vid. He's only running them on the front, may grab a set to tinker with, but good looking out. I definitely need to limit the squat on the right rear. How big and tuneable are the MOD V4 shocks for losis, are they too short. Or IRCs? Can longer or custom shafts be made/obtained?

Just checked their post vid. He's only running them on the front, may grab a set to tinker with, but good looking out. I definitely need to limit the squat on the right rear. How big and tuneable are the MOD V4 shocks for losis, are they too short. Or IRCs? Can longer or custom shafts be made/obtained?
I’m assuming they are way too short. Maybe the irc Baja shocks would be long enough with the extended rod ends

Well it's not professional, but not too bad of a start for being my first wrap job. I went for the hood first! At first I was trying to shape the wrap around the vents..pointless! Cutting the vents was much easier. Its off a c-hair but I'm still happy, I'm learning. I've used no soap solution to set this, which would of helped a lot but I jumped the gun before J seen @blackrain 's post.😂

Now on to the sides

Attachments

• 20210617_153600.jpg
    20210617_153600.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 13
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks