Life battery question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou0069

Hi so I'm finally going to go get my life battery tomoro and b4 I goni wanted to no is 20$ difference really worth 1000mh more ?? The 3000mah is 55$ n 4000mh is 75$ ( I'm in canada so these are canadien prices at a store which is cheaper then amazon or ebay ext) so should I take the extra 20$ for 1000mh or not ??

I don't see the need for bigger batteries. I never run more than 1hr at a time and never killed my 1700mah battery. If you run a long time though a bigger battery may be appropriate. Only you can really answer what you need.
I only hade used battery with rc I've never hade a brand new one so I wouldn't know. Atm for my baja I got a 5000 man n a 3000 man nimh battery n the 3000 last way longer cuz I'm guessing the 5000 is dead

I think the 3000mah should be fine if you don't do more than 2 tanks per run. I'm running a 4000mah in my HPI Baja, and I had to mod the box to get it to fit and it's a pain in the arse to get it just right to close. Just to give you an idea: running a single steering servo and throttle servo takes about 600mah per tank in my Baja, that's constant turning and heavy braking. Your mileage may vary, but it's a ballpark for you to consider.

Hi so I'm finally going to go get my life battery tomoro and b4 I goni wanted to no is 20$ difference really worth 1000mh more ?? The 3000mah is 55$ n 4000mh is 75$ ( I'm in canada so these are canadien prices at a store which is cheaper then amazon or ebay ext) so should I take the extra 20$ for 1000mh or not ??
Not its not. Large scales do not use very much power. I have a 4000mah in my MTXL and I don't think that I have run that dry ever. Maybe one time but I think the servos were just acting up. We were in a place with a lot of huge radio/high power towers near the end of our run. If its for the radio then 4000 will last you a very very long time between charges.

I think the 3000mah should be fine if you don't do more than 2 tanks per run. I'm running a 4000mah in my HPI Baja, and I had to mod the box to get it to fit and it's a pain in the arse to get it just right to close. Just to give you an idea: running a single steering servo and throttle servo takes about 600mah per tank in my Baja, that's constant turning and heavy braking. Your mileage may vary, but it's a ballpark for you to consider.
Awsome thank you very much
Not its not. Large scales do not use very much power. I have a 4000mah in my MTXL and I don't think that I have run that dry ever. Maybe one time but I think the servos were just acting up. We were in a place with a lot of huge radio/high power towers near the end of our run. If its for the radio then 4000 will last you a very very long time between charges.
Awsome thx

Not all work like that,I've discovered.?
My charger I thought used the balance plugs it came with but noo... Just plug in and choose from menu and it just works.
I kept thinking I was doing something wrong not being able to use the white plugs,I guess these new chargers are now idiot proof.?
?So your saying you don't need a balance port to balance charge? Can you point out a charger like that and show specs?

Um, unless I've been completely out of the game for too long, you need a balance block in order to actually balance charge your LiFe or LiPo. That's what the white plug on your battery is for. You plug that into the balance block.
What is the exact name for the balance block so I can order one on ebay if it turns out I need it ??

Is there a balance port on your charger, similar to this?
View attachment 55987
If so you can get something like this to parallel charge multiple batteries
View attachment 55988
I think so. I took pictures. N theres a picture of an actual life battery on my box being charged, but I got the charger used n it didnt come with the balance port bord or what ever it's called, but I'm guessing I gotta plug it the same way from on the pic ? If so what is the name of that balance bored ? I tried looking on Ebay but without a good name to type I get nothing 20200111_115214.jpg20200111_115214.jpg20200111_115219.jpg20200111_115224.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks