DBXL Losi dbxl e 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad move. Saw you were asking this question over on the Arrma forum. They are knowledgeable over there .
Yeah, I originally started a thread over their because I pre-ordered a Kraton 1/5 EXB roller from my local hobby shop, but decided the DBXL-E would fit my driving style better. Besides the servo, I love the stock setup on the DBXL-E. I tend to go overboard with my RC's and upgrade stuff just to have something to do. (Like my IFS Element Gatekeeper) or the $200 Spektrum S9110bl 1/5 brushless servo I just ordered to replace the stock one in the DBXL

Last edited:
God morning everyone!

I’m new to RCs and only my 3 post..
thought I’d ask this question here

I ran my DBXL 2.0 for first time today!

Noticed after about 20 minutes on and off the motor was burning hot could not keep my finger on it for to long

When I got home I noticed in the middle of the inside chassis looks to be a small amount of oil or oily substance
Is this normal

Forgive me guys I’m really clueless at this point but plan on learning as I go

Thank you guys
motor was Hot!!!
was running on mid to short grass mostly

Noticed a little of the oil substanced spashed up on inside of the body

I will attach a couple pictures

oil is mostly where you see the grass

Thanks again for your help
Wanted to mention everything is stock...was the1st time running it
Was running on only 6s = two 3s 7200 80c

Attachments

• IMG_3999.jpg
    IMG_3999.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3996.jpg
    IMG_3996.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3995.jpg
    IMG_3995.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3993.jpg
    IMG_3993.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just ran new SMC8000mah 120C batteries today on my 16T pinion and BRP super spike wheels/tires. 35AA7E83-408F-40F9-A947-503F50C6FF9E.jpeg

I only got 5 minutes of runtime and set my XLX2 to cutoff at 3.4volts.

For what little it's worth I'm running the 800kV 2028 Castle motor on 12S and it doesn't get too hot despite being geared somewhat high?
I'm running a 19T pinion and a 48T spool, fiddlesticked around a little with crappy tyres and as expected they exploded, but I have some 4" BRPs for the rear and 3" for the front, hopefully that will let me stretch its legs.

Gaffle, is that a 3D printed pinion cover I see? I'm sure that XLX2 is handling the load fine, pretty impressed with them so far.

I don't know, maybe I am just too conservative at heart... The DBXL-E 2.0 comes with a 13t Mod 1.5 pinion. I went up to a 14t to see how much it would increase speed...It feels like in increases it a lot. I am going to put the 13t back in and just stick with that. The stock electronics are holding up really well. I had my doubts, but after running this beast, I love it just the way it is. Is it as fast as my Arrma Mojave with max6/1650kv motor? Nope. It does glide over some rough terrain though. I love how steady and balanced this thing is. I did make one major change though. I put in a

Spektrum RC S9110BL 1/5 Brushless High Speed Metal Gear Servo​

Um...WOW!!! I had to re-learn how to steer. It makes such a huge difference. It is so powerful on 8.4v that I may actually turn it down to 6v

I don't know, maybe I am just too conservative at heart... The DBXL-E 2.0 comes with a 13t Mod 1.5 pinion. I went up to a 14t to see how much it would increase speed...It feels like in increases it a lot. I am going to put the 13t back in and just stick with that. The stock electronics are holding up really well. I had my doubts, but after running this beast, I love it just the way it is. Is it as fast as my Arrma Mojave with max6/1650kv motor? Nope. It does glide over some rough terrain though. I love how steady and balanced this thing is. I did make one major change though. I put in a

Spektrum RC S9110BL 1/5 Brushless High Speed Metal Gear Servo​

Um...WOW!!! I had to re-learn how to steer. It makes such a huge difference. It is so powerful on 8.4v that I may actually turn it down to 6v
I wish I could be conservative with this hobby, all my cars end up overkill, the speed and torque is just too fun.
Personally I found the stock pinion to be crap, made real weird noises despite me checking mesh and that the motor was clamped tight.

I've only ever run mine on road and it glides over poor terrain very well, I'm literally about to give it a maiden voyage on 4" BRP slicks geared quite aggressively.
Can't fault the platform so far, stock bearings are garbage but no surprises there.

Sorry Sheriff!

Don't really want to get rid of her but just not sure of how often I.d use

Honestly had no idea how big this was until you see it in person.....and 30lbs is heavy for me now hate to admit

And really Noticed I had more urge to grab the 1/10 the most even over my 1/8

Appreciate everything...All you guys have been awesome!!

Mr doustar sir

is it ok if I ask questions about how much something would be worth on this thread

my post count is too low to post on marketplace

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks