Losi DBXLE-2.0 ESC Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niz55

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Hello,

I had some troubles with my new dbxle-2.0 version. horizon hobby send me a brand new ESC to replace my existing one. The one that was on my car did not have any capacitors attached to the cables and the NEW one that horizon send me it does have it. I did some research and found out the ESC with capacitors comes on the Kraton 8S.

I spoke to tech support and he said the one with capacitors is better and i can use it on my DBXLE-2.0.

My concern is that if i use the NEW ESC on my DBXLE-2.0 I will have the Kratos 8S ESC functions/Mode instead of the Losi DBXLE-2.0 Modes.

Thank You

DBXLE-2.0 ESC Function/Modes

Losi DBXLE-2.0.png

Kraton 8S ESC Function/Mods

Kraton 8S.png
Firma 160 Amp Brushless Smart ESC, 3S-8S Stock DBXLE-2.0 ( P/N: SPMXSE1160) -NO Capacitors

No Caps.jpg

Firma 160 Smart ESC with Capacitor 3S - 8S Stock Kraton 8S (P/N: SPMXSE1160CP) With Capacitors

SPMXSE1160CP-450.jpg

I spoke to 3 techs and they are telling me it will work just fine and it also better.

I still don't understand ESC mode/functions on different cars. I guess the esc functions are programmed from the factory on each RTR vehicles.

they r correct it'll work fine?
no..the functions r esc specific...not rc?....
in reality u could run any esc bigger then 160amp...?
ideally though u want a 200amp one...a hw max5 is the go to 1/5th esc?... so u have sum headroom ?

Last edited:
I would ask for a programming card from them so you can easily change esc settings If they can’t supply you with a correct esc.

as it looks like the below will need to be changed.

the motor rotation is reversed on the crayton so this will need to be changed in the esc settings or x2 motor wire swapping over as when you calibrate it for the first time it will go backwards when you accelerate.

the bec voltage for the steering servo is set to 6.0v on the carton and should be 8.4v for the Losi.

the punch is at 3 on the craton and 4 for the lose. This might not make to much difference as there is so much torque anyway with the 1/5 motors.

you can probably do all this manually with the on/off switch but this can get messy if you haven done this before.

Sounds like horizon, I'd really want the right esc personally, although the 8s esc will work. I echo Mike's sentiments about the max 5 esc being about the best for this application. I also agree a programming card is a must. Best of luck

The new esc has the same exact programming as my dbxle 2.0. for some odd reason the kraton with the same esc has different programming.

Anyways the esc worked great.

I believe the RTR kits are programmed differently from the manufacturer like the kraton 8S but when you buy a new esc it comes with its own programming.

Here is the programming on the new esc.
Picture from the esc manual.

Attachments

• IMG_20200113_112300313_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200113_112300313_HDR.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Bought a pair of rear spring that are 20% stiffer and changing out the fluid to 60 w. Also got a dual castle fan and skid plates.

Forgot to mention, I have another stock servo and the links on order so I can run a dual setup.

Last edited:
The problem is the setting are wrong in the manual

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks