Losi new 1/4 electric motorcycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crash or weak part?.....or both?

I read in another thread that there are 15,000 on back order......if it's on the internet it's got to be true!
Was running it in a gravel parking lot. Think a rock may have gotten in it maybe.

CrucialRC, Losi should have sent you one. Good large scale channel for a bike. Lower one of these down and the right tire it might drag race good.

The computer mess up at Horizon and the way they are handling it is BS if I understand everything right.

Was running it in a gravel parking lot. Think a rock may have gotten in it maybe.

CrucialRC, Losi should have sent you one. Good large scale channel for a bike. Lower one of these down and the right tire it might drag race good.

The computer mess up at Horizon and the way they are handling it is BS if I understand everything right.
Thanks @StretchMaK . Yeah I'm waiting like the rest.

Yeah heard they were switching up their whole system. Unrelated...but I have a plane that I am awaiting a new from retract gear...been backordered for months...every month says will be available the next month. I am in month 4 of waiting...and its one of their better selling aircraft...smh.

I've been waiting on the Tamiya BBX for ever it seems like.

The drag racing comment above got the gears turning in my head. Any of you guys good with the CAD stuff? I need a couple inch longer swingarm for this thing.

Last edited:
I've been beating on this thing for a bunch of packs now and must say, THIS THING IS FREAKING TOUGH. I am amazed that some of the crashes have not broken or at least bent the forks. Losi set up the front crash stuff good. Hit something and the forks collapse and the wheel goes back into the frame and no bent forks. Even the plastic wheels are holding up very well. Evil and his clothes are getting beat up pretty good. The rear tire is toast from running it on road to much. Front tire still looks new just dirty. The body panels are getting beat up pretty good also. Mostly sticker damage and some scratches. Rear fender has taken the most abuse, stickers are gone and plastic is beat up real good. Lean bar wheels are pretty beat up.

As far as driving this thing goes it has only gotten easier. The brakes need tinkering with for sure. Not enough front brake for me so I messed with it and can now lock the front depending on how the travel knob is set. I ordered the program box so I can up the rear brake as well. Saw a video where the factory rear brake setting is only 67%. I kept thinking I should be able to stop way better than this. The front helped out a bunch but still need more from the rear. Road tires will help when on pavement over the dirt tires.

I think racing these on dirt or road tracks should be very doable. Pro-motto type tracks could be setup in parking lots pretty easy. Wish the road tires would get here. I have a set of the Hole Shot tires and black wheels. Going to glue them up later. I see that "Jack-o-trades" made a longer swing arm for his. Don't think my lil resin printer could fit it but would like to try.

Made some cosmetic changes and put a chain with a master link on it so I have more adjustment options. Got some chain from Nitro and have had good luck with Nitro chains before. We will see how they hold up to the Losi. Stock chain seems to be stretching out fast.

Put a set of the Pro Line Hole Shots with black wheels and painted the swing arm black. Changed the stickers also.

ETA, The hole shot rear tire expands a bunch under throttle on the bench. Enough to hit the swing arm. Wanted to test of the new chain. Tire grows a good bit with no "load". Going to try another link in the chain. See how that ends up adjustment wise.

Attachments

• 20230720_202708.jpg
    20230720_202708.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230720_202756.jpg
    20230720_202756.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230720_202716.jpg
    20230720_202716.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230720_202728.jpg
    20230720_202728.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Yeah GPM, Vitavon, etc and Losi have metal parts. Most that are avail are in China and take 2-3 weeks for delivery
I don't mind waiting, don't have the bike yet, keeping myself surrounded by projects. Saw some good advice to finish one before starting the next...but I just find a new spot to take another apart if I get road blocked for parts or ideas.

Lance, did you try any other filaments? I have a carbon fiber petg that kicks arse in the strength department, just really sucks to print with. Strings like crazy and needs a tungsten or ruby tip to run but man it's strong stuff.

I put the GPM crash plate in mine as soon as I saw they were prone to braking. Don't really see any of the other parts needing to be aluminum other than the bling factor.

Wish the road tires would get here already.

Lance, did you try any other filaments? I have a carbon fiber petg that kicks arse in the strength department, just really sucks to print with. Strings like crazy and needs a tungsten or ruby tip to run but man it's strong stuff.
Not yet Sean. I ordered some tpu because I have a buddy that did his in it and it has been lasting for him. I only have abs and pla at the moment.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks