Losi super Baja Rey 2.0/X-Maxx/dbxle 2.0/Outcast 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharp looking rig! Based on what I see size comparison wise, it must be bigger then the Traxxas UDR.
Yes it’s larger than the traxxa$ udr.
I think it's considered an 1/8 scale. Not sure though.
They call it 1/6. Don’t know how that’s possible. But the scale sizing on all this stuff doesn’t make sense. IMO it’s larger than a ⅛ scale though.
Part of me is tempted to buy one of these . Maybe next year .
It’s only money.

Hey guys. I was going through the manual ordering parts for spares. Well, the rear end doesn't seem to jive with the manual. The lower rear trailing arms and rear diff are different on the truck compared to the manual.
Any one else notice this?

I also, got one of these for '20 X-mas gift. I've run it a couple times now, 6s and 8s. I love the size, the looks, it's all awesome, but a couple things that bothered me with mine, on my first run, it appeared as if the truck was running positive camber in the rear, in addition to the toe-in, while watching the truck pull away from me (just wondering if anyone else noticed this), I ended up installing the optional 0 degree inserts included. Also, I'm wondering why they don't have optional alloy replacement pieces for the 3 piece spring loaded pull latch for the battery door (also the L-shaped catch attached to the door plate). I would also like to try different spring rates. Also, on mine whoever assembled it, apparently expected the lexan drivers insert to hold the motor wires in the esc, because the prongs on the bullets were so compressed (they couldn't stay in place until I opened the prongs back up). The other common known issues didn't bother me as much, because I've already addressed them, like the rear flex, the hap-hazard wrap, and the weak brake settimgs. What's crazy, is that all sounds like a lot, but mostly on my part all that was required was making the rear brace modification, and a good once over, to catch any overlooked issues or settings, relative to a lot of other rcs, there actually isn't a whole lot, that you need to upgrade or spend extra on. The battery door latch thing could easily be addressed by them or 3rd-party, the composite material used is too soft for this particular application, and wears too fast and easily, just my 2 cents.

Hey guys. I was going through the manual ordering parts for spares. Well, the rear end doesn't seem to jive with the manual. The lower rear trailing arms and rear diff are different on the truck compared to the manual.
Any one else notice this?
Here is a running video of my SBR 2.0 from my Youtube channel

Thanks for sharing! Did you end up buying a brace to fix the flex or did you fabricate one yourself??

Thanks for sharing! Did you end up buying a brace to fix the flex or did you fabricate one yourself??
NP, there are a couple of things addressing the flex there, while yes I did fabricate a brace, I ended up making one similar to the one sold through Ebay and Etsy, that ties the rear shock tower to the 2 screw points that secure the cross bars just before the spare tire carrier moving towards the back, cutting mine out of carbon fiber plate instead of steel (I preferred the idea of not having to modify any of original parts, in case of breakages, but now I appreciate how it helps to spread out impact shock, since it doesn't get completely rigid). I also reinforced the body (fiber tape and shoe goo), because of where this mounts to the roll cage, most of the flex was very minimal before I even had the brace (but I like running both, because the brace also keeps the body from doing all the heavy lifting, and takes the strain off of those mounting points.

Hey all, I'm a guest here. I've asked on a few other forums but either no one has an SBR 2.0, or no one's willing to assist.

Would you mind measuring the outer diameter of the SBR 2.0 tires for me?

I'm wondering if they'll fit on a project I'm doing. Thanks for any help on this.

Oh, the project is turning my UDR into an Ultra 4 truck. I'm hoping to find a scale tire that is slightly larger than stock (5.7"), but not too huge so that it doesn't contact the chassis. I think right around 6" will be ideal.

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm a guest here. I've asked on a few other forums but either no one has an SBR 2.0, or no one's willing to assist.

Would you mind measuring the outer diameter of the SBR 2.0 tires for me?

I'm wondering if they'll fit on a project I'm doing. Thanks for any help on this.

Oh, the project is turning my UDR into an Ultra 4 truck. I'm hoping to find a scale tire that is slightly larger than stock (5.7"), but not too huge so that it doesn't contact the chassis. I think right around 6" will be ideal.
Yeah, they are 6" OD, but these might be the only option for wheels you have for now, that fit these tires.

Thanks man!

For wheels, I'd just use the SBR 2.0 wheels, as they're a 17mm hex like the UDR wheels.

6" should work, as it'll likely only rub at full compression combined with full steering input. Not a condition which occurs super often.

I'll eventually get a set ordered up.

Might be a stupid question but what’s the best way to install the 2 4S batteries (spectrum). I’ve tried multiple ways and the plugs don’t seam to reach very far to be plugged in????

Just in case anyone was wondering, those rear body support posts that attach to the L and R cage sides, that screw the L and R rear quarter panels come in the the part pack Roof and Spare Tire Holder #LOS251110. Since, I've seen a couple of people on Youtube that have broken these, and didn't know where to find the replacements.

Anyone know of any other closed cell foam brands other than CI for the SBR 2.0 wheels? Not that I wouldn't get Crawler Innovation foams, but I don't know if they'll ever have plans to make some, hopefully someone will put some out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks