Marvel Mystery Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd like to share this with yall. I've been in the rc hobby for many years and I've been running MMO as an after run oil "if I know I'm gonna be leaving it for a week" and it's been really good to me. De-gumms engines and carbs if you pump it through your carb "if gummed" also cleans carbon build up.
Seriously try it if you have lots of carbon build up, leave it on for an hour and then blow down your piston and you will see carbon strip right off your piston. Burns clean too.

I have never heard if running an after run oil in 2 strokes until this. I ran after run oil in my nitro RC motors. Should I be doing some sort of after run on my engine and carb w these 2 strokes?
No there is really no need for it, nitro is alchohol based and attracts moisture very quickly. If your going to store it for a really long time, it may he advisable to frog the engine, but surely not for a short storage period.
Ik... but hpi says it makes a good one.
I wonder why that is? It doesn't spec out like any filter oil I've ever used. Foam filters typically require a oil with high tack properties. A cotton or k&n type may be ok with a thin oil, but I wouldnt trust it with a uni type filter. Just my 2 cents

MMO is best suited for an "after run" rust preventitive treatment for nitro rc engines. Nitro fuel is a moisture sponge and can quickly corrode and ruin nitro engines is a short period of time. MMO is also an old skool lubricant that was used on auto engines to lubricate the valves when the epa mandated "unleaded" fuel. Lead in the fuel lubricated the valves. Gun guys like MM as a cheap means to protect the inside of antique rifle barrels. Most of us old timers probably have a 25 year old bottle of MMO sitting somewhere in the basement.... I do, lol.

Last edited:
Uhhh 2 strokes are SELF lubricating ! see we put oil in the fuel so ! ???
Shrek Smile GIF by PeacockTV

I have a MMO story. Whe. I was like 18 I neglected a 96 ford ranger with the v6 engine on oil changes. Well after awhile I got a lifter tick that wouldn't go away with a new oil change and I was panicking because I was selling the truck the next day. Well I drained about half the oil out of the pan . Topped it with MMO, I probably used about 2qts of it and drove it like I stole it. Well I tell you what that MMO does work. I was saved from pulling the heads and I made the sale. Yea I know it was sh*tty but I kept in contact with the guy for awhile and it ran good for him. He sold a short time after so it was all good lol.

Probably gunna say a lifter collapsed from sludge or the oil hole plugged. I got lucky and I do remember long ago using MMO as a "storage" oil for nitro

It is what we recommend in our marine engines when the customers are done with the end of the day. Gas engines, but you are right on the water when running. So you will be getting water sucked in at same time. People who use it. Motors look brand new when I get them in. People who don't and neglect the engines. Rust engines.

Before I switched to an all synthetic oil I used to use Maxima 927. I would add every once in a while some Marvel Mystery Oil to a quarter of a gallon that I had left and run a few tanks with the MMO in it. Does well cleaning all the carbon deposits from the castor oil and would look like a new engine afterwards. I used it as an after run oil with my nitro engines and I bet that 1/8 scale nitro car that’s been sitting on my shelf for 2 years still looks good.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks