Metal Clutch turning blue, Taylor 35cc engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ! Well since your our new fun police guy , are you saying we can't ask questions , go to forum college and then address a slacked jawed yokle for there superior intellect ? WOW 😂🤣😵‍💫😁😳🧐🧐🧐your hillariouse ! But regardless , after reading what guys are saying I've learned a little , hopefully that's o k
Learning and asking questions is fine but banging on about poop you have no clue about (which you are always doing) is dumb asf. Also learn how to spell.

At this point with all said. The clutch design works and works well. ALL clutches slip so they don't shock load the drive train or any other drive system they are hooked too, that's what their for and designed to do. Now that's cleared up move on.

Bring it
psh GIF

That black shinney stuff on the clutch surface was not paint or coatings from the clutch bell. Odd that it was still the same color it started with. Surface wear was just in a narrow area on the bell. Not making full contact. That black stuff could not be buffed off with an abrasive pad mounted to an air tool or use of solvents I had on hand. What did work was the belt sander at work. Not only did it remove the black stuff it also resurfaced the clutch. After noting the score marks on the clutch mount, I ground down the back side a bit to improve clearance. I mounted it to the extra clutch plate I had on hand. Clutch should be good to go when I decide to use it again. 20220402_093536.jpg
20220402_093548.jpg

Materials of the clutch, it is just a matter of hardness. I would assume the traditional type is some form of rubberized ceramic with metal flakes. Not sure if there are any fibers in that material. Typical metal embedded in the ceramic would be some sort of copper alloy. If the ceramic clutch gets smoked, the sintered metal one will go back on. I do not have a preference as long as it works.

I would not doubt the clutch wobble on the stock Vekta transmission was the root cause of glazing and uneven wear of the surface and lack of clutch seating properly. I was planning on replacing the transmission anyway. The wobble was something I noticed after the fact and may have been there from the start.

As for clutch type, I would not say one is better than the other. Not too familiar with the sintered metal type so I asked the question. Just typical oxidation, no big deal. That is all I needed. Thanks.

seems to be hit or miss with the vekta clutch bell wobble mate,
some on here have had issues with bell wobble and some have been lucky,
post up some vids when ya get it going again (y)(y)

I've got my brand new VEKTA5 up n running , with the Taylor 35 and there clutch bell , ide give my opiniated results here , but I'll go to the other forum so I'm not accused of being a bull shitter by the Mr. Perfect fun police commission of people who can't get there head through the door at woolworths , get a FREEKN grip ,were talking about toys here , some fools take it like war plans , FREEKN hillariouse , I wonder if these fools can cure cancer too , ,,, then ide give a crap what they think freeeeekn hillariouse

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks