More work on the rovan 45cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry kids to deal with. I did the intake boost porting on my 346xp husquvarna (read 50cc chain saw) I noticed better bottom/mid range power. Top end isnt as important on a saw. But i ran about 100 to 150* cooler on exhaust temps. I leave about a 1/8" "bridge" so the ring has something to ride on in between where groves meet above the intake. The exhaust side is kinda hard to do because of the thin cylinder design. Nessesitating the external tubes. Think of it as a modified bridge port exhaust.

hey if it works that's great
I do think that the faster the air goes thru the better the cooling,
and going across the head would be even better
what are the chance that you may be getting a dead spot in the corner or hot air just moving about in corner
It seems to go through the head then gets directed out right on to the header of the exhaust so far so good I think

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

So how are you determining horse power or torque output ? Theres no load on the engine in either of these set ups. I used to dyno the engines I built on a hydro brake dyno. Think of it as a pump hooked up to a valve the more you close the valve the harder it is for the engine to spin the pump. This is a very basic explanation if it.
http://www.foxvalleykart.com/dyno2.html

So how are you determining horse power or torque output ? Theres no load on the engine in either of these set ups. I used to dyno the engines I built on a hydro brake dyno. Think of it as a pump hooked up to a valve the more you close the valve the harder it is for the engine to spin the pump. This is a very basic explanation if it.
http://www.foxvalleykart.com/dyno2.html
true, was thinking about a way to make load, by doing it without load it would be as good as crank horse power. how do u suggest adding load without being extremely complicated and expensive?

I'm trying to find a vid a watched a while ago. The guy built a brake dyno for a 5hp Briggs he was testing with a bit of modification it could be adapted to a roller set up.
was it this guy?
cuz dude put a brake rotor on the engine and put a caliper on the rotor as u do and put some clamping force so it would put load on the engine

Yes! That's the guy! All be it a bit rudimentary and some math would be involved to figure out the hp. In think it would be a rather economic way of making a small engine dyno.
I wouldn't mind doing sum math. I think that could work, just the rollers/roller would have to be high enough off the ground so the brake rotor don't rub.

Getting the exhaust welded on the weekend just run half a tank through the engine I can say with the homemade engine cover and open cylinder head airflow is so good that on the exhaust header after 20 minutes running temps are as follows

Cylinder head peaked at 90°
Alloy isolator 45°
Exhaust header 50°

Huge difference from stock
I also increased intake duration by cutting 1.5mm from the intake side of the piston that allowed me to tune leaner and also still get enough fuel when accelerating without bogging down
aebb04db2e8615d50a9a62b5af006813.jpg
3ac19b003a58d4baa6dad4cfb4e8e775.jpg
da4fbff02d052bb35f6a49789da83d5d.jpg

Finished engine here is all the info on it
Rovan 45cc

Increased intake timing took 2mm off piston skirt

Ramped the exhaust side of the piston more angled and more taken off than the esp piston

Internally widened the exhaust port

Homemade alloy engine cover wrapped in carbon fibre
Better cooling by alot

Cut and meshed the pullstar

Port matched exhaust header

Removed the choke from the carb

Not much but enough to almost double the power from the engine in its stock form this engine is a powerful beast now and it revs like a 30.5cc
ef957407431caf9346b37fa990562161.jpg

Finished engine here is all the info on it
Rovan 45cc

Increased intake timing took 2mm off piston skirt

Ramped the exhaust side of the piston more angled and more taken off than the esp piston

Internally widened the exhaust port

Homemade alloy engine cover wrapped in carbon fibre
Better cooling by alot

Cut and meshed the pullstar

Port matched exhaust header

Removed the choke from the carb

Not much but enough to almost double the power from the engine in its stock form this engine is a powerful beast now and it revs like a 30.5cc
ef957407431caf9346b37fa990562161.jpg

Great work teejay!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks