Motor keeps dying when braking. Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gforcebandit

Just bought a king motor Baja with a 30cc followed all the break in instructions got the motor going with a little trim adjustment on the transmitter idle has been raised and lowered no luck!! Any info would help.

I was thinking the same thing but I dunno where to begin, or where to find info Baja specific!
imo its gonna b ur linkage and or servo horn needs setting up right...?
I was thinking the same thing but I dunno where to begin, or where to find Baja specific information. Thanks!

You need to have your linkage set at rest . Then set idle to keep it running. Where your throttle is at now is keeping your throttle "butterfly" open just a little bit to keep idle .when you come off throttle to brake its closing the throttle plate more which in turn messes with your idle which is set wrong due to the linkage hanging the throttle plate open...reset your linkage with the radio on re adjust the linkage to a completely relaxed position and put a small amount of tension on the spring

Last edited:
Go back to stock trim settings, that's what is causing this. The linkage is designed for what the servo was set at previously, now youve changed its position and this is happening. Adjust idle with the idle screw on the carb,not the transmitter.
You could also re adjust your linkage but it's much easier to just go back to stock setting and adust idle with the designated screw then to fek with the stupid linkage the baja uses

You need to have your linake set at rest . Then set idle to keep it running. Where your throttle is at now is keeping your throttle "butterfly" open just a little bit to keep idle .when you come off throttle to brake its closing the throttle plate more which in turn messes with your idle which is set wrong due to the linkage hanging the throttle plate open...reset your linkage with the radio on re adjust the linkage to a completely relaxed position and put a small amount of tension on the spring
Will definitely try this out will post results tomorrow. Thank you for this useful info!
This forum rocks! Going to try out what you guys recommended.
This forum rocks! Going to try out what you guys recommended.

Last edited:
Losi doesn't give factory linkage measurements on the 5t they just tell you how they set it up to give 60% rear and 40% front braking bias Now that is a thing I miss with hpi ..details!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks