Mtxl dogbone pops out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't gotten around to taking the rear apart for further inspection but Horizon got back to me with the rear dogbone measurements so hopefully this image will help someone else out that's experiencing the same issue.

Attachments

• thumbnail_LOS252047.png
    thumbnail_LOS252047.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 0
Dougstar you're the man! You were right, it was the droop screw on the lower a-arm. With the shock removed and slowly rotating the axle, the dogbone was binding/wobbling making the a-arm go up and down about 1/2 cm (3.5 to 4 cm). I slowly tightened the droop screw until the dogbone stopped binging/wobbling and the a-arm stayed constant at 4 cm off the ground like the left side. I could only imagine this at full throttle after a jump, the a-arm and shock must have been getting quite the up-down workout until the dogbone escaped. Thank you Dougstar!

I fixed it already, just needed to tighten the droop screw in a few more turns. I guess at the factory they didn't tighten both sides down evenly :rolleyes:

The droop screws are a little short. When they're tightened down there's not much left grabbing onto the a-arm. I measured it and it's m6x12mm set screw so I will try and find longer ones, maybe 16 or 18mm ones.

I fixed it already, just needed to tighten the droop screw in a few more turns. I guess at the factory they didn't tighten both sides down evenly :rolleyes:

The droop screws are a little short. When they're tightened down there's not much left grabbing onto the a-arm. I measured it and it's m6x12mm set screw so I will try and find longer ones, maybe 16 or 18mm ones.
So the thread in the arm is still ok? What an easy fi?x wish they all were easy ones ,what a score?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks