Premium members don't see ads.Click hereto upgrade.

MTXL gen 2.0

Seandonato73

I'll preface by saying I love castle products, but you'll have to be careful of your weight and load on that motor. The mtxl can get heavy really fast and that motor will get hot lugging it around. Make sure you don't smoke it. As losi rates it at 37.5lbs your right at the limit of the 2028 rating.

dallas1990

I'll preface by saying I love castle products, but you'll have to be careful of your weight and load on that motor. The mtxl can get heavy really fast and that motor will get hot lugging it around. Make sure you don't smoke it. As losi rates it at 37.5lbs your right at the limit of the 2028 rating.
Oh, then what would you recommend? For 10-12s setup

evssv

i run a robotronic razor motor in my x maxx rated at 14s..😎..so it'd b ideal in a fat ass
mtxl imo👍
or lepoard do sum big motors for a good price 👍...or go for a tp or lenhir motor if u wanna splash the cash😎

Last edited:

dallas1990

theres a good few big motors out there 👍...idealĺy u need a low kv to move a big heavy rc👍
Yea, I got a tp power 5860 1440kv in the xmaxx now. I think it'll be ok if the gear ratio is low enough. But I wish I went with a 800kv or so

Seandonato73

The 58113 has multiple kv ratings I think 530kv is the lowest, which should give you all the grunt you want. Just an idea. I think it would be a much better choice then the castle motor, and I love castle stuff use it in nearly all my e rc's.

dallas1990

The 58113 has multiple kv ratings I think 530kv is the lowest, which should give you all the grunt you want. Just an idea. I think it would be a much better choice then the castle motor, and I love castle stuff use it in nearly all my e rc's.
Castle be better for xmaxx, since it's 30 pounds. Mtxl I think you are right about a 500kv or 800kv at most

Seandonato73

Yeah I have castle monster x set up in my savage xl with the 1515 2200kv. It gets rather warmish after a few min of run on 6s. Ended up gearing it down a good bit to keep the motor happy. Learned my lesson on using motors made for lighter rigs on rigs that are "big and heavy" for the scale class they are in.