MTXL gen 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Sean. Yeah. My children takes most of my time atm. It will be a couple more years before I have some real free time. But I always have time to read a little :)

@dallas. And do understand what you are getting into, right? The MTXL will feel like a drunken bear on a unicycle when you go to it straight from an xmaxx. Its a lot more monstertruck'ish to drive. If you don't like it, it can be build into a pretty viscious buggy/truggy without too much ado. I see it mostly as a truggy with ridiculous wheels. I love it, its very fun but also very different from most other RC's around.
So those duratrax hatchet

I wouldnt. Those wheels are some Chinese made plonk that a lot of people throw their name on. Louise, Duratraxx and several others. They look cool but I don't trust them. Another member here (John Parks, I think) modded a set of Imex Swamp Kong's to fit the MTXL rims and it looked fiddlesticking viscious. I want to do it to my own when these are worn out. Imex must have seen it because they have made their own 1:5 monstertruck tire with rim.

Those J8 looks really good. But I don't know if they are too small to look good. And if you use radically smaller wheels, you have to gear the truck differently or its going to be slow and the engine overworked.
https://www.imex-model.com/category/71/RC-Tires-and-Rims.html

This guy uses Imex Jumbo's and that size makes perfect sense for the truck. Love the KM short course truck body he has on. It becomes a completely different beast

The Swamp Kong that John put on his MTXL.
https://www.imex-model.com/category/131/Jumbo.html

I hope you find one. Its nice to have one more to nerd out over the MTXL with. Some of these traitors to fun on this board here actually sold theirs. ;)

Last edited:
@Sean. Yeah. My children takes most of my time atm. It will be a couple more years before I have some real free time. But I always have time to read a little :)

@dallas. And do understand what you are getting into, right? The MTXL will feel like a drunken bear on a unicycle when you go to it straight from an xmaxx. Its a lot more monstertruck'ish to drive. If you don't like it, it can be build into a pretty viscious buggy/truggy without too much ado. I see it mostly as a truggy with ridiculous wheels. I love it, its very fun but also very different from most other RC's around.

I wouldnt. Those wheels are some Chinese made plonk that a lot of people throw their name on. Louise, Duratraxx and several others. They look cool but I don't trust them. Another member here (John Parks, I think) modded a set of Imex Swamp Kong's to fit the MTXL rims and it looked fiddlesticking viscious. I want to do it to my own when these are worn out. Imex must have seen it because they have made their own 1:5 monstertruck tire with rim.

Those J8 looks really good. But I don't know if they are too small to look good. And if you use radically smaller wheels, you have to gear the truck differently or its going to be slow and the engine overworked.
https://www.imex-model.com/category/71/RC-Tires-and-Rims.html

This guy uses Imex Jumbo's and that size makes perfect sense for the truck. Love the KM short course truck body he has on. It becomes a completely different beast

The Swamp Kong that John put on his MTXL.
https://www.imex-model.com/category/131/Jumbo.html

I hope you find one. Its nice to have one more to nerd out over the MTXL with. Some of these traitors to fun on this board here actually sold theirs. ;)
Yup I know what I'm getting into :)

Well I might have a trade for a 8s xmaxx for a mtxl. Xmaxx has a hobbywing max 5 with a leopard 5892 1340kv motor. With Traxxas dual charger and a pair of 3s smc 7200mah 90c lipos. And I offered to pay for the shipping on both trucks.

How fair is that lol?

Well I might have a trade for a 8s xmaxx for a mtxl. Xmaxx has a hobbywing max 5 with a leopard 5892 1340kv motor. With Traxxas dual charger and a pair of 3s smc 7200mah 90c lipos. And I offered to pay for the shipping on both trucks.

How fair is that lol?
i think its a good deal except the other guy should pay shippping for his new xmaxx and you should pay for ur new mtxl. but if your fine with paying for both then go ahead i guess!

i think its a good deal except the other guy should pay shippping for his new xmaxx and you should pay for ur new mtxl. but if your fine with paying for both then go ahead i guess!
I been wanting a mtxl for 5 months now lol so I'm good with it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks