MTXL gen 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your going to have a literal ton of money sank into this fyi. The Rc max stuff will be about the best you can get. And watch your mtxl to dbxl crossovers not everything fits. And its gonna need some decent power to keep it motivated. They are on the heavy side with those big arse tires. With brushless your going to have to gear it rather low to keep the motor from over heating. I would reccomend something I the 8S plus range for starters. That should keep you in the lower end of expensive with ok run times. Start a build thread if you choose to go the built from scratch route. I'll be following if you do.?

Your going to have a literal ton of money sank into this fyi. The Rc max stuff will be about the best you can get. And watch your mtxl to dbxl crossovers not everything fits. And its gonna need some decent power to keep it motivated. They are on the heavy side with those big arse tires. With brushless your going to have to gear it rather low to keep the motor from over heating. I would reccomend something I the 8S plus range for starters. That should keep you in the lower end of expensive with ok run times. Start a build thread if you choose to go the built from scratch route. I'll be following if you do.?
yea i figured but i sank alot in my xmaxx so im ok with it lol. if it puts a smile on my face its worth it. power plant wise im looking at a ztw 300 amp esc (got one in my xmaxx) and motor im thinking on a castle 2028 800kv. gearing will be a 16 pinon and stock spur for starters. i might get stock tires or maybe duratrax hatchet x. just weight and ballooning purposes really. thing will handle 12s. and once i get enough parts in i'll definitely start a build thread.

yeah the x maxx is light though.?i got one here...?..but my old mtxl was way heavier
Yea it's 38 pounds dry stock. I'm guessing it'll be like 45-50 pounds after I'm done. But I'm also getting the rcmax chassis. I can't wait till it's done

Thrasher will be along to fight me about this but. The mtxl has been discontinued by the manufacturer and has RC max for aftermarket support and the stuff that fits from the dbxl. Real aftermarket support, unfortinatly, never really took off for it. That's why I ended up going with a dbxl over the mtxl, and support for the dbxl is enemic. You may be able to use the rear shocks off of a 5ive t? The fronts work for a dbxl.

Thrasher will be along to fight me about this but. The mtxl has been discontinued by the manufacturer and has RC max for aftermarket support and the stuff that fits from the dbxl. Real aftermarket support, unfortinatly, never really took off for it. That's why I ended up going with a dbxl over the mtxl, and support for the dbxl is enemic. You may be able to use the rear shocks off of a 5ive t? The fronts work for a dbxl.
Ok dbxl front shocks and rear from a 5ive t. I got a starting point.

Lol I wasnt clear. Try losi 5ive t rear shocks. The front 5ive t shocks are short enough to fit the dbxl, the rear shocks off the 5ive are longer then the front. So i would look at them for all 4 corners of a mtxl build. They may be long enough and are readily available.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks