MTXL gen 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dbxl /mtxl shocks piston holes are too large nessesitating the heavy oil. And at least for my rig they handled like crap. So I switched out to the 5ive t shocks all around. I now run 5ive t 2.0 shocks with 40wt oil and the handling is amazing. I figure if your spending the money may as well see if known good shocks will work for you.

The dbxl /mtxl shocks piston holes are too large nessesitating the heavy oil. And at least for my rig they handled like crap. So I switched out to the 5ive t shocks all around. I now run 5ive t 2.0 shocks with 40wt oil and the handling is amazing. I figure if your spending the money may as well see if known good shocks will work for you.
Oh ok, I was taking your advice just going to wait on fluid weight is all

I figured it out lol I'll just be assembling the shocks. Other than the chassis what other parts are needed to be upgraded from stock?

alloy clutch bell carrier ?....that funny short shaft mount in ally?....front top plate/chassis brace ally?rear chassis brace ally?...rear engine mount ally?....
thats it imo
if u get diff case probs then ally cases?
Ok, but I'm going brushless lol
alloy clutch bell carrier ?....that funny short shaft mount in ally?....front top plate/chassis brace ally?rear chassis brace ally?...rear engine mount ally?....
thats it imo
if u get diff case probs then ally cases?
Ok, but I'm going brushless lol

You'll need the diff cases at one point. I've had to replace 2 so far and the next time they melt down they are going alloy. The dbxl-e came with alloy diffs from factory. And like Mike said chassis brace, I've never replaced the plastic shaft carrier in my dbxl its held up just fine for me. Center diff mount imo needs to be alloy. Mine cracked and ended up trashing a pinion. Front top plate is a must as well. The plastic top plate Allows too much give in the steering system.

You'll need the diff cases at one point. I've had to replace 2 so far and the next time they melt down they are going alloy. The dbxl-e came with alloy diffs from factory. And like Mike said chassis brace, I've never replaced the plastic shaft carrier in my dbxl its held up just fine for me. Center diff mount imo needs to be alloy. Mine cracked and ended up trashing a pinion. Front top plate is a must as well. The plastic top plate Allows too much give in the steering system.
Ok

I'd actually consider replacing the whole chassis. The DBXL jumps like crap because the 4mm chassis has too much flex in it and no chassis braces will help with that. The chassis compresses under load on the entry to a jump then decompresses on take off causing the back to kick which causes it to nose end over end. It can be helped with better shocks but ultimately it's chassis is crap.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks