MTXL gen 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll preface by saying I love castle products, but you'll have to be careful of your weight and load on that motor. The mtxl can get heavy really fast and that motor will get hot lugging it around. Make sure you don't smoke it. As losi rates it at 37.5lbs your right at the limit of the 2028 rating.

I'll preface by saying I love castle products, but you'll have to be careful of your weight and load on that motor. The mtxl can get heavy really fast and that motor will get hot lugging it around. Make sure you don't smoke it. As losi rates it at 37.5lbs your right at the limit of the 2028 rating.
Oh, then what would you recommend? For 10-12s setup

The 58113 has multiple kv ratings I think 530kv is the lowest, which should give you all the grunt you want. Just an idea. I think it would be a much better choice then the castle motor, and I love castle stuff use it in nearly all my e rc's.

The 58113 has multiple kv ratings I think 530kv is the lowest, which should give you all the grunt you want. Just an idea. I think it would be a much better choice then the castle motor, and I love castle stuff use it in nearly all my e rc's.
Castle be better for xmaxx, since it's 30 pounds. Mtxl I think you are right about a 500kv or 800kv at most

Yeah I have castle monster x set up in my savage xl with the 1515 2200kv. It gets rather warmish after a few min of run on 6s. Ended up gearing it down a good bit to keep the motor happy. Learned my lesson on using motors made for lighter rigs on rigs that are "big and heavy" for the scale class they are in.

SOeh...our buddy John seems to have a finger on the pulse in the large scale industry and he said that primal may be brewing up something for the MTXL. He made it sound like a crossover. If they make a solid axle set for the MTXL I am going to poop myself (and probably sell one of the children for cash. PM me for prices). MTXL owners got christmas thrice this year then. First RCMax makes some bitchin bling and then maybe this?! Let Lo(o)si fiddle with their electric shat (and I assume their bums). Good riddence.
Castle be better for xmaxx, since it's 30 pounds. Mtxl I think you are right about a 500kv or 800kv at most
MTXL is a much heavier truck by more than double?

Mtxl curb weight is 37lbs, x maxx 19lbs. So yeah its about the same as comparing my savage xl to anythimg 1/5. But they are big for 1/8 scale. And bite me the mtxl is a big turd worse the the dbxl, it being kept alive by sheer force of will. If it even had an after market before rc max, and now (may be) primal. I've literally gone through this with my tamiya terra crusher. After market came in too late, too expensive. Thing was wicked except for a few issues. I may be wrong, but one thing us for sure. Losi discontinued them. Once the supply runs out doesn't matter who is making parts for it, it will go the way of the dodo bird. Been there, done that. So stop bashing the model that made it.

Mtxl curb weight is 37lbs, x maxx 19lbs. So yeah its about the same as comparing my savage xl to anythimg 1/5. But they are big for 1/8 scale. And bite me the mtxl is a big turd worse the the dbxl, it being kept alive by sheer force of will. If it even had an after market before rc max, and now (may be) primal. I've literally gone through this with my tamiya terra crusher. After market came in too late, too expensive. Thing was wicked except for a few issues. I may be wrong, but one thing us for sure. Losi discontinued them. Once the supply runs out doesn't matter who is making parts for it, it will go the way of the dodo bird. Been there, done that. So stop bashing the model that made it.

The MTXL has a solid audience. It didnt make it into the mainstream because most people want MOAR SPEAAD!!!! and it is not as excessive as the Raminator. But the audience is strong enough to convince RCMax and maybe primal (a competitor no less) to make hopups for it. This thing is at least going to keep its value but its probably going to go up for well kept or pristine models.

Just like Tamiya's collector stuff. The most valuable and sought after was "unpopular" at the time. Hence the limited supply or original parts. What do you think I am going to do? Thats right. I am going to build a completely hop'ed up MTXL and save all the original parts in vacuum sealed bags.

Traxxas are masters of sale and promotion. Look at the poop they can make seld like hotcakes? To talk about a model that "made it" falls kind of flat when I see them for sale used in good condition and not get sold at 1/3rd the original price. Its the one still around, I will give you that.

Im personally very excited for MTXL support. Its hands down my favorite rc ever. Ive left the stock CY29 in it and am yet to break any drivetrain. Only issue is wheel bearings ( a given) and the cheap serv steering linkage. The truck takes serious abuse and just keeps going. Ill be disappointed if the day comes I need to shelve it for lack of parts. I better start hoarding whats available.

@21 you better get rocking then. The parts are selling out at both detroit and RCM. I thought I could hold out a little. That was a mistake and I hope they make another batch. Apparently the people who bought the MTXL are the kind of people who do want upgrades but since Horizon saw "cult" selling numbers and not a runaway success they ignored it. The first company to make bits and bobs sell out. Whorizon, I hope you take fiddlesticking notes! The MTXL is going to be around after your other models are long gone and forgot.

"the cheap serv steering linkage "

The one upgrade that whorizon made for it, is precisely this. And its both reasonably priced and good quality. And you don't have to change the whole steering, just the servo saver itself.

@Sean, Sorry to tell you that used dbxl doesn't sell at all here. The prices are now lower than for Baja's and mostly they are sold as scrap cars.

@21 you better get rocking then. The parts are selling out at both detroit and RCM. I thought I could hold out a little. That was a mistake and I hope they make another batch. Apparently the people who bought the MTXL are the kind of people who do want upgrades but since Horizon saw "cult" selling numbers and not a runaway success they ignored it. The first company to make bits and bobs sell out. Whorizon, I hope you take fiddlesticking notes! The MTXL is going to be around after your other models are long gone and forgot.

"the cheap serv steering linkage "

The one upgrade that whorizon made for it, is precisely this. And its both reasonably priced and good quality. And you don't have to change the whole steering, just the servo saver itself.

@Sean, Sorry to tell you that used dbxl doesn't sell at all here. The prices are now lower than for Baja's and mostly they are sold as scrap cars.
Funds are a tad low with holidays coming quickly, and other hobbies to support. The saving has begun though. Unfortunately just dropped a bunch of loot on a childhood toy I had to have. Its minty and couldnt pass up such a unicorn. ?‍♂️20191104_161531.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks