MTXL gen 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrasher

So it wasn't just rumour that RcMax and Detroit Performance was making some high quality upgrades for the MTXL. Enough of them so you can get a very high quality MTXL as a kit. Botajell has just shown us the chassis and that is motherfucking sweet looking. I think I may have to shelfqueen my MTXL. Getting Horizon out of the MTXL may prove to be a good thing. Good bye to whoreizon and good riddence. Now the quality parts are on its way all though I will give Losi that the few upgrades they made for the MTXL were good. There just wasnt enough of them and too many of those on offer was irrelevant. It should be law that functional upgrades takes priority over aftermarket bling after the release of a new platform.

I am happy to see these two particular entities take an interrest in MTXL. I am willing to bet that MTXL will become a much sought after platform once enough gen 2.0's have made their way to the jootoob.

I saw this as well. I was bummed to see that the MTXL was discontinued, because it was kind of on my list. I wonder how hard it would be to build one from the ground up using these aftermarket parts and oem parts? Like I wonder if all the small hard parts are still available from Losi. Or if you'd be better off finding one used and then upgrading it.

I think it will take off. The people who have MTXL's are its fanbase. There is nothing we need Horizon for after initial sale and there is going to be spare parts available for years. I think they took it out because they realized that in its current incarnation it would not do a second sales run so they would be left with A LOT of product if they tried (And I bet that 50KG behemoth with real MT axle setup will attrack potential MTXL costumers. It was certainly priced for business). Then in 10 years time a well kept model will fetch its own original dollar value, second hand.

RCMax and detroitP are not amateurs. They do not make this many different hop up parts for a platform they don't believe in. I think they know their market and I think that there are more MTXL's among their current costumers (who deal with them because of their Baja's and Losi 5's) than we think.

People who have an MTXL almost always have it as their secondary, or have another secondary large scale RC. I have yet to meet someone where its their only LSRC.

edit. Horison showed to be useless as per usual. What kept many people off the MTXL was their lack of support for it. Had it gotten proper support from the get go it would have been the default large scale MT that other brands had to compete with, and would be measured by. But whoreizon being the useless cunts that they are, just sat on their hands and watched while the Raminator released and became the default large scale monster truck.

Last edited:
Wonder what will happen to monster claw tires with an rcmax motor?
Ballooning will have a whole new meaning???????
And will there be BRP tires made?? What will the cost of them ? $500 a set maybe?

I don't see BRP making anything, he has a hard time keeping up by himself as it is and he wants to retire soon. Not sure what will happen after that to brp.

I'm sure someone will buy it and take over but only time will tell

Not to play devil's advocate but all these companies need/want to make $$$$$ .
Bringing the price down is good to get people in the hobbie. We all moan at the price of mcd and if all rigs had the best of the best out the box this hobbie would be dead so......its dammed if they do dammed if they don't?
Not saying they should lower the price, I get that they need to make money, but that's literally all they are trying to do anymore, not support the hobby/community. Mtxl was doing fine but apprently not making enough money for them (?) so they cut it off, like they did with numerous nitro and gas vehicles but rarely a electric one, becuase that's what makes their pockets fat, so I assume they are trying to push the electrics by discontinuing the gas and nitro stuff so their pockets start bursting. Well that's my theory anways.

Not saying they should lower the price, I get that they need to make money, but that's literally all they are trying to do anymore, not support the hobby/community. Mtxl was doing fine but apprently not making enough money for them (?) so they cut it off, like they did with numerous nitro and gas vehicles but rarely a electric one, becuase that's what makes their pockets fat, so I assume they are trying to push the electrics by discontinuing the gas and nitro stuff so their pockets start bursting. Well that's my theory anways.
Hear you ....? I hate EEEEEE cars ?
EEEEE cars are for young boys who don't know the difference between a screw driver and Allen wrench ? with there short little attention spans that need to push a button to get instant gratification ??? and if you have to spend more than 5mins .......it must be broken?‍♂️ or this is too hard?‍♂️:oops:(n)
I say let the dumb asses have it!??????

@Doug @Rcrules becuse the way in which they are cheap is so fiddlesticking annoying. I absolutely lothe planned obsolesence. Our world has become a shitpile and the last thing we need is more throw away plastic garbage. Example. In the MTXL, when you put down 70kg of servo power and attach it to a little plastic stick thats supposed to move the two second biggest wheels in RC, you know that this construction is going to fail. So did whoever has final say on the design document. And you cant just buy the servo saver no no, you have to buy the whole fiddlesticking front end construction sans diff. They do poop like this all the time and the metal replacement is like ten bucks at end user level, and they do make and sell one such item. So why isnt it in the truck from the start? I also want more people in the hobby but this is exactly the kind of poop that scares people off. "can i have for 1200 bucks worth of flimsy plastic truck plx?!" is a line nobody wants to say out loud.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks