My 5B SS Brushless Baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo1

Build Thread Contributor
here is my new built (older model) hpi baja ss kit. it was built and converted to brushless with the castle creations kit and electrics by the previous owner and never used.

I have only ran it on dry grass as its too nice and new to get dirty yet :ROFLMAO:

I love how it wheelies on command with so much torque ;)

it is now fitted with proline bow-tie tyres all round. will got some more photos sorted if people are interested.

I had a Baja 5b many years ago and always regretted selling it. I just had to have another :)

I am still surprised that over 10years later and this model is still going strong with still great support. (y)
baja.png

Last edited:
Nice! More pics please! Yep the baja is the "old standard" for 1/5. How long of a run do you get out of a charge? And are you able to run 12S on that set up?

hi

I can only run 8s on the castle xl2 esc, but for me this is plenty!

I can get between 20-25 mins on my 10.000mah soft case lipos but this is on grass and driving fast with top speed runs lol

I now have some 8000mah lihv 200c lipos to try so will keep you posted on run times with those.

I need to purchase a programming card as the throttle can be very aggressive at times, I would like to turn the punch down a little.

Yeah I am happy with the speed but might gear it up a little as it runs very very cool temp wise.

but it is fast, you don't realise how fast you are doing until you want to stop!. there is only so much locking the rear two wheels up can do lol

going to get some axle extenders but unsure which ones to get. any advice would be great?

also going to look into metal spur gears as im running a hostile spur at the moment after the stock one stripped lol

will see if the hostile one last longer (y)

I need to purchase a programming card as the throttle can be very aggressive at times, I would like to turn the punch down a little.[/QUOTE]
don't get the card. Get the castle link for your computer. The card sucks. Trust me

Someone needs to come out with a new baja body for these converted rigs. One without the gas cap cut out. Would look much cleaner?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks