My 5ive-t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this 30 degree body will be the last one you’ll ever buy! It’s made out of a material very similar if not exactly like a Rubbermaid storage container. But! Stickers will not stick to the body. I cleaned it good. But still nothing sticks to it.

Installed a c/f extreme racing adapter to run a standard servo installed a reefs raw 500 fast and quiet 602E6EEC-8D07-4DE4-8777-1382B604B86E.jpeg059A69CA-A379-47A9-90D9-8B40F5889BA3.jpegF24964AF-2EE3-4BAB-BD40-66CC39AEE9F8.jpeg53F89D5C-47D2-43F5-8E0E-59A4C9D16ADC.jpegDE911960-36F2-42AC-9F1C-55EFB4CBDAB5.jpeg6C292F46-6E04-46F5-B645-EF2FD3435ADD.jpegF6739AFD-34D3-4A9D-8F40-46F21C2B1B08.jpeg

Ordered a few more things from Ali express. I like the look of the 30 north body.
Those turnbuckles are poop unfortunately I bought a set for my dbxl ...... and while they were different sizes for the 5ive T the ends were built the same as in the picture with the brass inserts and after a while they got super loose ....... and by a while It wasn't that long of a while ....... but what I ended up doing is buying the ends off inertia and re tapping the turnbuckle to the new inertia ends and that worked like a charm except I had to get a left threaded tap cause I didn't have one
Now with a filter. Been thinking about this one. It gives me tons of clearance and I have lots of hpi filters. Searched the forum couldn’t find anything helpful. Not much on YouTube either other than I see the odd one.

https://www.ddmracing.com/turtule-racing-billet-air-filter-box-losi-5ive
This is great filter I like if ....... a little bit of a pain to have to take apart sometimes i wish it could be taken apart without taking out gnd six screws cause and dirt gets in there on accident and it's a little bit of a mission to clean it but its good overall I say
GTBracing Losi 5ive t Adjustable Steering Suspension Link Set installed. Quality is good, they are stainless balls with brass inserts and steel Heim. I had low expectations but was surprised. Comparison to stock in pix. View attachment 81838View attachment 81839View attachment 81840View attachment 81841View attachment 81842
Look at my previous message if you find the brass ends loosen up on you let me know...... with a little alteration you don't have go spend a bunch more cash for new buckles cause those ones look so good too
Vertigo clutch housing and bell. Losi aluminum diff cup with 500,000 in it. Modified centre diff mount. Any one know what the reason for the one different bearing is? I put them where they were supposed to go just found it odd View attachment 82006View attachment 82007View attachment 82008View attachment 82009View attachment 82010View attachment 82011
I wondered the same thing why the difference...... I think I tried Installing both ways but couldn't tell the difference....... I didn't run it the wrong way tho
Awsome build 👌 👍 👏 😀

Last edited:
Those turnbuckles are poop unfortunately I bought a set for my dbxl ...... and while they were different sizes for the 5ive T the ends were built the same as in the picture with the brass inserts and after a while they got super loose ....... and by a while It wasn't that long of a while ....... but what I ended up doing is buying the ends off inertia and re tapping the turnbuckle to the new inertia ends and that worked like a charm except I had to get a left threaded tap cause I didn't have one

This is great filter I like if ....... a little bit of a pain to have to take apart sometimes i wish it could be taken apart without taking out gnd six screws cause and dirt gets in there on accident and it's a little bit of a mission to clean it but its good overall I say

Look at my previous message if you find the brass ends loosen up on you let me know...... with a little alteration you don't have go spend a bunch more cash for new buckles cause those ones look so good too

I wondered the same thing why the difference...... I think I tried Installing both ways but couldn't tell the difference....... I didn't run it the wrong way tho
Awsome build 👌 👍 👏 😀
Thanks for the interest. I have a few tanks through it. So far no issues. I will monitor the links. At least there are options when they fail.

I think the difference is larger balls on the gear side of the diff. Doesn’t really make sense though. I followed the directions. Lol.

Bought another 5-t by accident. Pondering a Taylor 40.
That's a nice motor. Double check with someone that has one but I think you'll need new throttle linkage and cut some of the cage to accommodate the new air filter position.
I bought the turtle racing billet air filter box and Sean is providing the throttle linkage. Should have it end of next week.

Last edited:
I was thinking it would be here today but everything else came. Motor next week. They are building it.
So I’ll build my centre diff I put 1m in it. Modified diff support again.

Attachments

• 105F4F3B-3930-4871-8C58-2358E9C0A110.jpeg
    105F4F3B-3930-4871-8C58-2358E9C0A110.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 2
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks