My 5ive-t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you end up installing these? Was thinking of getting them and pairing them with the RCR pads.

Attachments

• 0B7BFFF0-CFEE-4DBF-85C5-BF217F76EDE9.jpeg
    0B7BFFF0-CFEE-4DBF-85C5-BF217F76EDE9.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 20
@Boostedmk3 the rcr pads are not a direct bolt on for the 2.0. You have to open up the holes on the pads. I did rcr pads with innovative rc booted discs and I don't recommend it as the aluminum starts to build up on the copper pads and you also have to remove the springs in between the pads as they rub the rotors. Also from hard braking you start getting slop over the cups so yea avoid those rotors

@Boostedmk3 the rcr pads are not a direct bolt on for the 2.0. You have to open up the holes on the pads. I did rcr pads with innovative rc booted discs and I don't recommend it as the aluminum starts to build up on the copper pads and you also have to remove the springs in between the pads as they rub the rotors. Also from hard braking you start getting slop over the cups so yea avoid those rotors
So full RCR is the only way to go on these

I agree with Sean, if you want to do rcr sure but it's not necessary and the stock brakes are more than adequate to stop the thing dead

@Boostedmk3 you need to adjust the rods that contact the levers. With the radio on and the servo in its relaxed state wind the rods in toward the levers and touch them. You want ZERO slop in them

Yeah the stock diff mount flexes. It's not really a big deal, amd there's many ways to help eliminate it. The stock brakes work great when you have them set up properly. The rcr brakes arnt really a huge upgrade on a 5ive like they are on a vekta or baja.

Picking up the rippums a bit and it’s not
Liking the high rpm’s. Changed the clunk thought that was it. Changed out the failsafe thought maybe. Plug hood. Fresh tank of fuel again. Well. There is a plastic insulator to reduce heat soak from the intake to the carb. Gasket in each side. Engine side gasket was blocking pulse port. And the port was open to the intake. This one was a head scratcher for me. It was all factory assembled I never had it apart but all is good loving this 55!E931F8E6-11E9-4E0B-AEF1-A03DF0BE704B.jpeg2518559B-1022-439B-9BDF-9F1FE5D74B16.jpegE7E458A4-8B44-4388-92A4-4E09D7803500.jpeg

What size brass elbows did you use mate? I'm thinking about getting them and a WALBRO 125-52 bigger clunk filter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220823-092025.png
    Screenshot_20220823-092025.png
    568.7 KB · Views: 7
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks