My first 1/5 build... Jeremy's Vekta

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no reason you can't get whatever battery thay fits well so long as it's 3000mah or higher. Just solder new ends on it for your connector style and call it a day. You'll still get plenty of run time with it, heck I can go all day on a 4000mah battery pack.

I ran the killswitch through the same rubber grommet that the spark plug wite is going through. I am assuming that should be fine as long as I secure it well? I am also assuming the throttle and brake linkage should be pretty straight forward to adjust when the time comes?

What is the consensus on best starting place for rear camber/toe? I won't be racing but just driving around for the heck of it.

The build is coming along great! I do have a question though. When the truck leaves the ground and the rear axle slams down, are the shocks strong enough to absorb the impact or is it best to get some limiting straps?

20230401_150337.jpg

That is good to know. I really like the look of the decals that come with the kit. Has anyone here actually used them? The manual says to spray them with water and dish soap when applying and that just sounds strange to me. I would like to paint the panels black and then put the pre-made decals in for that racing look.

I noticed that the older version of the Vekta.5 came with a clear lexan transmission cover, and the kit does not. What is the consensus? Do you guys fabricate some kind of cover to protect the transmission gears from getting destroyed by a rock? I have the vertigo transmission in mine.

Good to know, but I went ahead and ordered on of DDM... I'm a little on the OCD side so it will bug me if it isn't there.
Do ya'll have any specific recomendations for fuel/oil for when I fire this thing up for the first time in a few weeks?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks