My first 1/5 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With lower weights and your front,center,rear are all technically open diffs so say your front diff has lots of grip your rear will spin and vise versa...i put 20 mill in the center to give an "even" 50/50 power split and i have 125k in the front and 20 mill in the rear. I personally like to lose rear traction but honestly your truck will hook randomly in different directions...others will say otherwise this is just my opinion
I know about the lower and higher weights but that's quite a bit higher than I thought but that engine does have a lot more power and torque thank you.

don't last 2 mins on road ☹
I noticed pretty quickly but it was fun there was a lot of gravel to slide on.
With the diffs I really wanted mechanical LSD'S then I could adjust them with out taking them apart to change the oil plus I have always been fascinated with the small scale LSD'S. Then I started searching and found out that there really isn't any for the 5t and the only 5th scale ones that I have found are for on road cars and a few off road European brands. And it would be a crap load of work to fit them to my truck.

Last edited:
I noticed pretty quickly but it was fun there was a lot of gravel to slide on.
With the diffs I really wanted mechanical LSD'S then I could adjust them with out taking them apart to change the oil plus I have always been fascinated with the small scale LSD'S. Then I started searching and found out that there really isn't any for the 5t and the only 5th scale ones that I have found are for on road cars and a few off road European brands. And it would be a crap load of work to fit them to my truck.
Like this

Attachments

• 14_Differentials.jpg
    14_Differentials.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 14
Where you find that at?
https://www.robitronic.com/en/mcd-rr5-ultimate.html
Here is one of mcd cars that come with the locking differentials they are kind of pricy I really love my 5t but when its all said and done I could of got the mcd
https://www.robitronic.com/en/mcd-rr5-ultimate.html
Here is one of mcd cars that come with the locking differentials they are kind of pricy I really love my 5t but when its all said and done I could of got the mcd
That model is pretty cool it seems to be fully upgrade with 7075 aluminum parts from the factory
Just curious would that 40gt engine be in the 12 to 15 horsepower range

Attachments

• 02_c4a9ce34-e8e9-4167-82f5-77cde2a4a96e_480x480.jpg
    02_c4a9ce34-e8e9-4167-82f5-77cde2a4a96e_480x480.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks