My new toy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow....

All the time I have spent trying to figure out the problem and it was right in front of me..
I didn't even see that!

Lol...Been into largescale for 7+ years and just looked like a complete noob..hahaha

Well I have sought of fixed the problem and it is going very good.

Couple of testing vids from yesterday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X2iEkzvv-M&list=UUgVwFfBZ7nrz99bzuyTah6Q&index=1&feature=plcp"]Hormann HT3 V2 Testing[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1W25gvsOac&list=UUgVwFfBZ7nrz99bzuyTah6Q&index=2&feature=plcp"]Horman HT3 V2 Testing[/ame]

Last edited:
Well I just weighed my Car..

With a tank of fuel and wheels on it is 10.5 kg's..

My Baja in race trim is 12.6kg's

Lighter than I thought it would be and I still am waiting on the lightened chassis to arrive..

Hi Mate..

Was seeing how this pipe went first and the have a look around for pipes..
I like the Fat power and the Victory pipes, but as far as I know they don't fit the HT3.

What pipe are you using and what is a popular pipe for them?
Quite hard for me in Australia to find info.
hi, yes the stock pipe is a good pipe,it has instant pull off and is so smooth but not much rpms.
because victory are working on matching pipes to tuned motors i had to get one to get the best out the motor.
i found a victory pipe in europe but was only for stock motors, so got in touch with david at victory for him to put me one together for tuned motors, so he might have a few now,im not sure,has better bottom,mid and revs alot harder then stock but still smooth,no sudden power explosion like jetpro etc, so should suit you. the only problem now is it wants to put the front wheels in the air, i have enough of that with the marder, it gets me so frustrated lol.
also sits under the shell so you can use it to race, also from what i understand the rn fat power pipe isnt made anymore,victory took over.
in the video you are using fg baja wheels?? if so they make it unbelievably wide, ive used them to bash too,but when put the correct offset wheels on it handles better.
they are so balanced but i guess all the race cars like the leo ,elcon,etc are all great. i m using fg wheels here,also the wrong offset but still handled ok. and the hormann is pretty fast as standard , also this is how i set it up, so you could imagine how good it could really handle if someone like fg mike was to set the car up.

your ht3 weighs 10.5kg!! thats amazing , probably lighter then my plastic fg marder lol.
i just brought a new chassis myself for tthe tk09, came up very cheap so couldnt resist, ive started putting my other spares arms,bulkheads , tonegawa servo etc on it so will hopefully have almost another soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the car went awesome..

Put a tank through it on saturday and had a ball.
A few teething issues with lack of loctite and stupid engine problems..

Both problems were an easy fix.
One involved some more locktite and the other involved repairing a broken pico wire..
Both Human errors. Lucky I built it myself..:p

Still a pretty successful day and very happy with the car.

Sunday was a different story as I was testing different tyre combos, to see what worked on a damp/dry track.
Had 1 bolt work lose in an upper rear arm in the first heat and then had a servo arm work lose in the second heat..
Both Human problems and ones that are easily fixed.

All in all I am very pleased with the little problems I faced.
The only learning curve to face now, will be what tyre combo's work and what don't.

Pics and vids to come..

Here is a little vid of me testing the dual rates and front brake bias settings.

I was adjusting them on the fly with the thumb scrolls on the 4PK.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KoWlitA_jI&list=UUgVwFfBZ7nrz99bzuyTah6Q&index=1&feature=plcp"]Hormann HT3 V2 at SSME Luddenham, NSW. Australia[/ame]

Here is a little vid of me testing the dual rates and front brake bias settings.

I was adjusting them on the fly with the thumb scrolls on the 4PK.

Hormann HT3 V2 at SSME Luddenham, NSW. Australia

Looks like a lovely track mate, I can see why you wanted a proper off road race car......
Car also looks good mate, I see you are getting used to it but looks like its getting good traction.
When you racing it mate?

Brad:)

Last edited:
Looks like a lovely track mate, I can see why you wanted a proper off road race car......
Car also looks good mate, I see you are getting used to it but looks like its getting good traction.
When you racing it mate?

Thanks mate..

Yeah is a pretty good track.
We only have 3 Largescale tracks in Australia and this is the closest to me.
This one is only 1 1/2 hours away, the others are minimum 8+ hours to get to.

The traction is not to bad considering how dry the track was. We wet it down on race days.
I Raced it on Sunday and had a ball. Had a few minor issues, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with more loctite..lol
Got a Second place finish in the final, so am pretty happy overall.

Thanks mate..

Yeah is a pretty good track.
We only have 3 Largescale tracks in Australia and this is the closest to me.
This one is only 1 1/2 hours away, the others are minimum 8+ hours to get to.

The traction is not to bad considering how dry the track was. We wet it down on race days.
I Raced it on Sunday and had a ball. Had a few minor issues, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with more loctite..lol
Got a Second place finish in the final, so am pretty happy overall.

Nice result.... Good on you:)

Fantastic build pics and write up mate,THANKS FOR SHARING.
Just one of the obvious questions you'll get asked alot......what was the final price?
J:rolleyes:

Well, lets just say that yesterday was a learning experience.
When the car was going, it was going well.

But a simple Pico malfunction caused a whole world of hurt.
Pico shorted out and was cutting the motor all the time, in the process it was also draining my battery.
I decided to cut the pico out and run it, not knowing that the battery was severely depleted now as well.

Was cutting some really good laps when the battery decides it has had enough.
Car proceeds to go full throttle across multiple lanes of traffic and track, luckily ending up on its lid off one of the berms.
Revving full throttle on its roof, the motor cannot get any fuel and decides to stop.
This causes a lean seize and the score marks in the pic.

Will need a new headkit at the minimum..
Also Elcon air filter is huge and was rubbing on the exhaust, causing what you see in the pic.

On a good note, the tourex clutch performed mighty well and held up great.
New back hydro's also felt good and were easy to tune for the desired break effect.
Also happy with my choice of tyre style/compound now.

So things to do now are:

Remove all servos and wiring.
Rewire everything, including new pico, with heat shrink over all wiring and cable shielding used.
Fit new G4z stage 2 headkit.
Sort out issue with left hand turning, as it wants to push through the corner too much.

Other than that, I am quite happy with its performance so far.

IMG_20120625_154031.jpg

IMG_20120625_154056.jpg

Last edited:
oh mate how can you be happy thats a bummer and unlucky ive had a runaway and its the worst thing that can happen and boy it costs a lot to put right i feel for ya buddy good luck with take 2

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks