My project 5b 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice install. There's not much online about the TLR kit, glad your taking the time to post this up. I've always been a petrolhead myself, but I can see the appeal of going this route, especially if you live in an area where the noise of a gasser is going to piss the neighbors off. Keep the pics coming.

Nice install. There's not much online about the TLR kit, glad your taking the time to post this up. I've always been a petrolhead myself, but I can see the appeal of going this route, especially if you live in an area where the noise of a gasser is going to piss the neighbors off. Keep the pics coming.
And that's why I love this forum. Jimbo just encouraged someone to register and comment with his thread. I too am an engine brap head but I think it's cool as hell that there are all different types of guys here to give great info and knowledge on every type of large scale. From big bores to hi revving small bores to Ewords. I love it!

I get it, but take a corvette and put Tesla running gear in it would be more of a comparison than “Prius guts”?

as for switching back, it’s an option. So no harm in having a go.

got a few more bits done to nite. So here are some pics of the progress.

first up was the steering servo and receiver tray

View attachment 55724
View attachment 55725

Then it was onto the lipo trays. these were a tat tedious as each strap was held in by 2 screws each

View attachment 55726
View attachment 55727

then to end things off with the motor install. Sorry I forgot to take a pic at the table lol
View attachment 55728

all in all the tlr conversion kit has been very good quality But the instructions do miss out a few steps that you have to figure out yourself such as if you want to run mechanical brakes or not so there is alternative hardware for either option.
I went without the mechanical brakes for now just to simplify things down to a minimum.

if anyone has any questions just Ask
?
Looking good jimbo??

I haven’t used the 5b since the summer so things need to change. Seeing as I use my electric rc’s more than I have the Losi I think it’s time to try a 5th scale brushless build and see how we go.

Of course we are going to mock you mercilessly for being a pussy but the truth is that my own LST2's see a lot more action than my large scales. Because I can run the electric trucks in my neighbourhood. So if I have 15 minutes to waste which ever vehicle gets me into action faster, wins. I am at a point where I consider converting my MTXL, thats how bad it is. So I can totally understand where you are comming from. Reality must dictate ones behaviour not wishful thinking. I wish my neighbours would just fiddlestick off, but I assume that they wont do that for me.

Haha I’ll take the good with the bad but ”pussy” is a bit harsh! ?

as snailtrail said there is not much online about the TLR conversion kit so I am happy share my experience With it.

tonight’s progress has been good. fitted the esc and soldered the xt90‘s on. took some time to pick the best route for the receiver wire.

because I have gone with the grafil g-forza body I can’t mount the esc on the tray that came with the TLR kit as where the Gas engine cut out would be, it goes very low and I don’t want to cut that out. so I have mounted the esc to the chassis.

if I was going to do it again I would have gone for the grafil G-pantox body for the MCD rr5 as this also fits when you don’t need to cut out where the gas engine would go.

03EF01B2-2244-4C1D-9941-D912354B0AC3.jpeg
29986E64-DE4D-473E-BC92-11349829E78D.jpeg

all calibrated and working so I went round loctited everything that is metal to metal.
I did find that all x4 hub grub screws had worked loose so did them while I was at it.
now all that is left to do is trim the new body and all being good will take it for a bash this weekend if the weather plays ball.

i have ordered some new side guards to stop all the crap coming in through the vent holes. No more 5b overheating issues to worry about. Not that I ever experienced any ?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks