New FG Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the guy I bought it from ended up in the hospital so the truck had not shipped yet as of Thursday evening. :( Supposed to ship today though.

Makes me glad I didn't try and outbid you on that. Good luck getting your truck. If I were you I would see about getting shipped fedex, usps and ups are bad bad bad.

Congrats on your new buy looks great.

I got my monster truck yesterday and its awesome. man these things are huge still aint got a chance to run it seen as its so windy out here in the uk :(

Ok I got the truck, I'll post some pics later. It's supposed to be a zenoah 4bolt 30.5cc full mod trevor simpson reed motor. The head says trevor simpson on it but the lower portion of the head says chung yang. I'm confused. Also confused as to why the power wire coming from the switch does not plug into my me receiver and it has 3 wires instead of the usual 2 for the switch power.

Well, the motor is not new, it's not a zenoah and has no kind of reed induction. And appears like its got a blown gasket somewhere, there is oil all over the place. Also the new body it came with is not new either. I'm not a happy camper.

Contact Ebay and Paypal and get the refund started, do it as soon as you can, like tonight. You can try to contact the seller, but I am sure he is going to give you the run around.

The longer you wait the harder it will be to get a refund.

I bought a PS3 that was junk and the guy kept stalling hoping the time would run out so i would get stuck with it. It took me 3 days of calling Ebay to finally speak with a human, but if you are persistent you will be able to reach somebody in India that doesn't speak English.

That's why I also said to contact PayPal, they are alot easier to get in contact with. PayPal is faster at the refund than Ebay as well. But if you file it through Ebay you are guaranteed a refund, even if the seller doesn't accept refunds, Ebay will pull the money out of his PayPal account. Ebay is all ran by computers, whereas PayPal still has a few Americans around in there someplace.

Post up some pics of it.

Last edited:
I e-mailed the seller already and hopefully he will tell me exactly what motor is in this thing and what is done to it. If it's a good enough motor and nothing is majorly wrong with it I'll probably just keep it. I don't know we will see. I only bid that high price because of what motor it was supposed to have, because the motor was supposed to be new, and the body was supposed to be new. I posted some pics in the engine section already.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?p=117689#post117689

This is from the original add:
"CUSTOM FG MONSTER TRUCK BRAND NEW CUSTOM 6HP TREVOR SIMPSON 4 BOLT REED MOTOR WITH METAL 2 SPEED TRANNY.DISC BRAKES.CUSTOM DOMINATOR PIPE.CUSTOM WHEELIE BAR.COMES WITH $400 CUSTOM ZELKIE TRUE FIRE CUSTOM BODY.NEW HUMP PACK.ALL YOU NEED IS RECIEVER AND REMOTE" Now that I just read that again it didn't come with a new hump pack either.

This is from the messages he sent me on ebay when I asked for more info on it:
"HeyIts a custom fully modded 30.5 zenoah 4 bolt trevor simpson reed 6hp motor.This is the fastest motor i have ever had.I have the esp 30.5 fully modded and the oniel brothers 30.54 fully modded motor on my two 5t's and this motor blows them away"

And another:
"TS GOT A 30.5 CC 4 BOLT ZENOAH FULLY MODDED TREVOR SIMPSON REED MOTOR.IT IS PUSHING 6HP WITHOUT THE PIPE.IT HAD A DOMINATOR PIPE.DISC BRAKES.METAL 2 SPEED TRANNY.ALUMINUM HUBS.NEW ZELKIE TRUS FLAME BODY.BODY IS BRAND NEW MAYBE 1 TANK OF GAS HALF THROTTLE BREAK IN FOR MOTOR...THIS TRUCK IS CRAZY FAST"

Last edited:
I decided to keep the truck, here is my reason why posted here.
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=11621&page=2

So since this is my first time driving an FG MT I thought I would post my thoughts on the first drive.

The motor has a lot of power in this thing but traction is absolutely horrible especially off road. The first time I got on it I thought the clutch was slipping really bad. Going to have to stud the rear tires or find better ones. Maybe the tires that are coming on the new rampage xt will me big enough and good enough. This is probably the biggest problem right now, no traction.

The rear end diff is way to open. The slightest bit of wheel spin and all power instantly goes to that wheel. Tried to do a donut in the grass from a stand still and all that power went to the wheel with no traction, giving it even less and the other tire just sat there. Definitely going to have to put much much thicker oil in there or get an adjustable one for my driving style.

The suspension is way to slow. The rear does not rebound when pressed down and the front rebounds very slowly. Needs thinner fluid or more holes in the pistons or both. More spring spacers or stronger springs might help also but could make it bouncy. It also spins out really easy, maybe lack of traction and it has a rear sway bar installed but not a front, should probably be the other way around.

The 2 speed doesn't do much, I think I heard it shift a few times. I think with this power the gears could be further apart, has 46/48 now. It was probably doing 40mph on the road though spinning the tires almost the hole time, it moves pretty good.

Haven't looked yet but the clutch seems to be an 8000rpm clutch and it definitely does not need to kick in that late on this thing. Might get an adjustable one.

That's it. It has potential but needs some adjusting and parts changing. Overall I'm happy with it though, except the damn traction, man these tires suck.

Last edited:
i think the blue FG clutch spring is the best for these, not as high up as the 8K and not as low as the stock spring.

tires are crap on anything but grass but damn they are the best wearing tires on any surface!

Well if I ever find better ones these tires can become shelf queens. I actually don't get very good traction on grass. Light sand not as bad but still horrible.

flip the tires on the rear left to right. it will grab better V V instead of ^ ^ (looking from the back). you could also sype the tires a bit, cutting the groove to make it more blocky. look at the firehammer mt tire and you'll see what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks