New FG Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I already thought about siping them. It's either that or studs. At least with siping I could still drive it on pavement.

The tires will outlast almost any tire you put on it. The bad part is they will outlast any other tire you put on it! They are rock hard rubber. I would keep them for back up or road driving. Softer tires will lift the front off the ground even on grass. I swapped out to a pair of Rampage MT tires and it made a HUGE difference.;)

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=6406&highlight=adapters

How much heavier are the redcat wheels and tires. I heard they were like 2 pounds a piece, but that isn't going to slow my truck down any more than the no traction I get now I guess.

How much heavier are the redcat wheels and tires. I heard they were like 2 pounds a piece, but that isn't going to slow my truck down any more than the no traction I get now I guess.

The redcat MT tires are: 2lb 4.7oz and the FGMT tires are 1lb 11.7oz. That is an increase of 9oz a tire. They have much more traction and are wider.

2lb 4.7oz :eek:hmy:

Do the adapters make them stick out further from the body or do the redcat wheels have a different backspacing? They can't possibly sit further in towards the body than the FG tires do. The extra width has to go outwards right?

depends on the adaptors you buy. I have wheel wizards on both my FG's, they are desinged to keep the exact stance from stock on HPI style wheels. it cats for the offset of HPI rims.

another option for width is to use firehammer mt arms. they are wider. but they only have 1 shock per corner. you have to get upper and lower arms, dogbones and steering links... and a front shock tower

With the bigger tires the truck sits at 20 1/2 inches wide thats wider then the HPI Baja. The tires give over 3/4" of added width each for a total of 1 1/2" of added width..:)

They don't rub any more then the stock ones do that I have noticed. My MT body is set at high/stock though.

They are much softer but that is whats needed for traction. Everyone always said there must be something wrong with my setup if I can't get it to wheelie. I tried everything, but could only get the rear wheels to spin out like it was a buggy. The only way I could get it to wheelie was to let the tires heat up on the tarmac and then it would pop the front up on the aspalt.
I installed the softer Rampage tires and 1st take off dang near flipped it on its back even with the wheelie bar. I will take the tires wearing out because they are softer then having no traction any day now..

I know this guy real well that sold you the FG.He is a stand up guy and i bought a sick Baja 5t with an ONB full MOD 30.5.Everything he stated was correct with the truck.I even bought a savage xl from him last week and it had like $2500 in extra mods he even threw in a $70 charger and tons of extra parts for $600 it was brand new.I spoke with him about this transaction and he told me the guy he bought it from said it has a reed motor.He dident know the diffrence.That truck was sick and i would have paid well over $1000.You got a steal on that truck.I know that motor was new when he got it.He just started it on work bench and broke the motor in.I %100 stand behind him.He is a repected member on hpi baja forum and i know of alot of other people that will agree with me.The reason he couldent send the extra $300 was because he just had triplets.I think he even sent the buyer an email after he sold one of his baja's that he would send the $300 dollars but it was to late.Oh well it was a mistake on his part but that truck had a crazy crazy motor and tons of extras.I know he paid about $1500 for the truck and never used it.Only broke in the motor on a bench

Hey Dreamstate you actually screwed yourself my friend.You stated you already used the truck and it runs really good.You stated it spins the tires and leaves marks ext,,,.I know he already has these emails,He is happy he is getting the truck back because the only reason he sold it was because of they just had triplets.I know your going to have am issue with ebay or paypal because if the truck wasent what it was supposed to be you should of just left it alone and repacked it.I bought a t-max last year and it was supposed to have a bigger motor then stated but it dident and i tried it out and stated it in a thread on this forum and i sent the truck back and lost my money.I think you should of ate the $300 and left it alone.Now you really opened up a can of worms.

Dude, chill. I take it your the seller. If not let it go. He never bashed the seller. He only stated he was sold an item that was not correctly described. It happens.;) You posted both of these same posts in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks