New Shengqi/TQ Racing Buggy Review!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manufacturer Begins Selling Single Units To Public!!!

After requests on information on these units tested, and requests for better access to purchasing these, the Manufacturer has decided to open an Ebay store to sell indidvidual units based on input from LSF!!! You can find their products here at http://stores.ebay.com/oempsrc . They are doing this as a BETA test to see how the market is and to see if it is proactive to sell directly to customers. Their pricing is with free shipping, which most likely will save you $50-$100!!. To top it off they are all "BUY IT NOW, OR BEST OFFER"!! Check them out!!! http://stores.ebay.com/oempsrc

The KM baja is as equal to the HPI Baja as the .Shengqi baja....the KM was the first clone to hit the USA.

I own all 3 vehicles HPI KM & Shengqi

The KM is the best price/deal from ebay.... period ....$470 shipped USA
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-RC-GAS-POW...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1307|301:1|293:1|294:50

the other clone is $700 from that ebay store .....$230 more
http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-23cc-TQ-Rac...19167QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

DSC00009.gif

they also have the KM PRO BAJA basically a KM baja with paddles alloy roll cage and a rear cloned dom pipe

FEATURES

ALLOY ROLL CAGE
SAND PADDLE TYRES
CHROME POWER PIPE
23KG STEERING SERVO
NGK spark Plug
Adjustable oil filled shocks
Shaft Driven Rear Wheel Drive
Disc Brake system
Bevil Cut differential gears
Sealed Gear Case
Rechargable Battery
Aggresive Tyre Tread
Alloy Chassis
Counter Sunk Screws
23 Kg Steering / 6 Kg Throttle Servos
23cc Engine

picture.asp

Last edited:
Since you can see them side by side why does one cost so much more hellya? Is there any difference in radio or servos or motor or anything between the two? Do they come from the same supplier? Just wonder why one is 700 and the other 470? I could see someone that wants to get into 1/5 scale cheap getting one for 470 and upgrading as they go but not 700 and upgrading as they go. There better off in the US to get a HPI and get the warranty and support for the 100-150 more. Now if they are out of the US not sure you get support any how?:)

Since you can see them side by side why does one cost so much more hellya? Is there any difference in radio or servos or motor or anything between the two? Do they come from the same supplier? Just wonder why one is 700 and the other 470? I could see someone that wants to get into 1/5 scale cheap getting one for 470 and upgrading as they go but not 700 and upgrading as they go. There better off in the US to get a HPI and get the warranty and support for the 100-150 more. Now if they are out of the US not sure you get support any how?:)

I cant see $200+ differene between the KM and sheniqa I can tell you that... same engine.....not the cy......similar cheaper servos.

I have yet to see that much difference between the clones and the HPI baja to tell you the truth...different engine, radio box is alittle smaller....other than that its the same vehicle that uses the same parts

Lets keep this thread dedicated to the product that it was intended to encompass. This is not a KM vs. Shengqi Vs. HPI thread. It is a location for folks to get info for the titled specific brand. If some one would like to outline and discuss the pros and cons of another brand please feel free to start a new thread.

I know Bigger and I have been discussing breaking these brands out of a general discussion so Owners, and people interested in a specific brand can review information under a companies folder.

Thanks for all your input.

Lets keep this thread dedicated to the product that it was intended to encompass. This is not a KM vs. Shengqi Vs. HPI thread. It is a location for folks to get info for the titled specific brand. If some one would like to outline and discuss the pros and cons of another brand please feel free to start a new thread.

I know Bigger and I have been discussing breaking these brands out of a general discussion so Owners, and people interested in a specific brand can review information under a companies folder.

Thanks for all your input.

Makes sense to me. Sorry, back to topic.:)

The level head prevails ..... Thanks for the help. Once we have these other folders, we'll have all these great bits of info pertaining to the individual brands, It will be a great resource, especially since we openly discuss topics that get "Disarmed" in other forums.

Thanks again Brother.

Hey BEAR,

You should do a review on the KM one.

I second this idea. Plus I think it would be cool to do a side by side by side comparison of the HPI version, the KM version, and the one already tested that was the basis for this thread.

Scott

Hey people stated they wanted a compairison so i gave it to them...You stated that you tried to contact KM but no avail.....I'm very well qualified to give some advice on almost any 1/5 vehicle......Quality and price wise.

IMO...Lower your price youll do more business....alot of us know how much clones really cost:clown:

Now back to our regulary schuduled program......Sorry for the interruption.............Peace

Last edited:
Hellya,
I know you are more than qualified. Again we do not sell these so pricing is out of our control.

We are just trying to keep reviews of particular models, for particular models.
Again, If The need be, We can start an additional thread for a comparison, We just don't want to see our review thread, and a reveiw that took us 40 hours to test, write, and photograph get hijacked by a completely different conversation topic, It dilutes the topic.

On the other hand your information is valid, and valuable. So we apprecaite the input. If you would like to continue a comparison topic please generate an additional thread, out of respect for our time and contribution-Thanks

Last edited:
I brought one of these back in Oct 08 and have been adding a few mods.

The pic of the Baja on page 2 is in fact mine straight out of the box.

Here are a few pics with current mods.

2002_0420baja0013.gif
2002_0420baja0014.gif
2002_0420baja0015.gif
2002_0420baja0016.gif
2002_0420baja0017.gif

Here is a mod I made, set of mud flaps for the rear.

2002_0421baja0011.gif

There was a few things I didn't like.

Exhaust was too close to rollcage and will melt the plastic.

Servo saver has too much flex and steering setup is at too much angle.

DSC00018.gif
DSC00027-1.gif
DSC00039.gif
DSC00059.gif
DSC00058.gif

Here is a question someone might be able to answer when I brought this it was advertised as having a 26CC engine fitted, but I can't find any reference to 26CC only to 23CC motor???

Here is a question someone might be able to answer when I brought this it was advertised as having a 26CC engine fitted, but I can't find any reference to 26CC only to 23CC motor???
\

the only way to make a 100% sure its a 26cc is pull the head off ans measure the piston, 26cc equals 34mm

i personaly didnt like the 23cc sq i tested i thought the km was a better option.

My SQ has no markings.

as i said they don't have any markings the only real way to see if it is a 26cc is to measure the piston. my test sq were 23cc

the 23cc will have a 32mm piston

the 26cc will have a 34mm piston

measure from one side to the other

good to see you on oz large scale

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks