New Shengqi/TQ Racing Buggy Review!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buggy

im thinking of buying the shengqi 1-5th scale buggy do you think i should buy it :):w00t::D:):cool::lol::cup-1:

hi will welcome to lsf, i,ve got a shengqi baja got it new 9months ago, but have had a fair share of problems starting from day 1 when the shocker bent and the spur gear shreded within 5mins of running ,don't get me wrong there not a bad buggy but whoever builds them in the factory must have a white stick ,if you get 1 take it home and strip it down and rebuild it yourself, but to be honest go for a king motor baja, or a secondhand hpi baja,

You get what you pay for .... It is a smaller initial investment, but you'll put the time in sorting the build to insure everythings set right. I've had mine for over a year, very few things broke, but i took some serious time tearing it down, and rebuilding for the review... so all my tolerances, hardware, and fit was on the money.

as anybody here will tell you dogging out a RTR out of the box will insure a quick list of needed replacement parts..

There are a few manufacturers out there, get what you can afford, or have patience, save up and get the real deal.

hiya
no matter what rc model i've bought, i've always taken the time to go over all screws/nuts etc making sure they're tight. one model in particular stood out which needed the most attention, a savage .21 i bought many years back. the only model that didn't have anything loose was an FG Monster Beetle. as Bear says, i don't recommend running an RTR straight away. always check it!! plus if you do strip it down, it always a great way of getting to know your new model :)

Hi guys, im a newbie from the uk and was directed here by a mate. After just reading this 1 thread im highly impressed with the proffessional approach by the Bear.

I have a questionin 3 parts for you.

In Europe one of the ways HPI promote the Baja is through endurance racing. Qualification round in the different countries a team has to race their car for 2 hours. The winning team then gets invited to a 24 hour off road race. The Baja must only have Hpi stock parts.

The question is

a) Would the clones be able to do a 24 hour
b) What/how would it be to convert a clone to HPI spec
c) Why on earth don't the clone importers do something similar as it would be a great selling point

I hope I haven't rocked the boat because I am a true impartial believer and despite my (errorneous) love of FG, I am starting to believe in the Star Wars (clone wars) effect of value of fun for your buck and your impressive piece and responses makes me feel ive been a prat in getting into FG.

Ta

Last edited:
i think they should allow all the different "manufacturers" to race together in the endurance event, after all, they're the same car... a certain manufacturer might like to prove theirs is best. having said that though, i've seen many HPI baja's now with none-standard parts which are more durable, for example like wishbones n so on.. wondering if the HPI Endurance event would stipulate rules to only have standard cars racing??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks